10 Tactics We All Use to Procrastinate

With the semester halfway over and midterms quickly approaching, the lack of motivation has probably started to hit you full force. You have that big assignment due soon along with that midterm full of stuff you don’t remember learning, and instead of preparing for it all, you decide to wait until the last minute. You didn’t intend for it to be this way, but a big, giant friend of ours named Procrastination didn’t help you get anything done. Instead, you most likely found yourself participating in at least one, if not all, of these procrastination tactics.

1. You find yourself idly staring at your book or computer screen.

We’ve all been there, Collegiettes. An assignment deadline approaching…and the total lack of desire to start it.

2. Anything and everything seems entertaining.

3. You eat because you know you can’t have a snack and do homework at the same time.

4. You realize the time is not evenly rounded, so of course you have to wait a few extra minutes to get to that perfect time to start doing something productive.

Well, it’s 3:31, guess now you have to wait until 3:40 to start your assignment.

5. Taking a nap seems super nice right about now…

It’s been an exhausting ten minutes of staring at the wall, might as well rest your brain and pick up where you left off later.

6. Two Words: Social. Media.

7. Then you decide it’s the perfect moment to deep clean your entire house.

And even clean the cleaning supplies while you’re at it.

8. And you prepare the most gourmet meal you’ve ever made.

I mean, it may take more than one try, but hey, it’s the perfect time to learn!

9. You decide it’s a good time to finally get in that weekly workout.

I see you, running away from your responsibilities.

10. And lastly, Collegiettes, you’re reading this article now as a way to avoid whatever looming assignment you have due soon.

It’s okay though – in the words of Lorelai Gilmore:

Basically, there’s always tomorrow.

Her Campus at Florida State University.