ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Worst Parts of Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Summer may arguably be the best season. We all love summer for one reason or another. However, nothing is perfect. Here’s some of the worst aspects of Summer.

1. You’re expected to do something. You’re expected to go on an expensive vacation, expected to go to the beach every day, expected to see people you don’t want to see. Why can’t we all be cool with sitting in an air conditioned room doing nothing or accepting that most of us have to take crappy summer jobs?
  2. Too hot. Sweat. Humidity. Need I say more?
  3. Bugs. Everywhere. With the heat and humidity comes the return of bugs flying into our faces, landing on our food, and biting us everywhere on our bodies.
  4. SHORTS.Not to be dramatic, but I hate wearing shorts with every fiber of my being. I could’ve written a novel about my hate for shorts, but I’ll try to keep this brief. First of all trying on shorts is emotionally draining and annoying. It’s impossible to find the perfect pair of shorts. Second, shorts = thighs rubbing together, which means chafing. This brings me to my next point…
  5. Chafing. Shorts, dresses, skirts, or bathing suits, it doesn’t matter which one you wear, your thighs will be rubbing together and causing pain.
Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.