Why You Should Join Her Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Her Campus is an internationally recognized online magazine with 11,000+ contributors from more than 300 campus chapters located in 11 countries. Each week, Framingham State University’s Her Campus chapter creates 6 new and unique articles to be published and shared for the world to see. Articles published can be related to just about anything – style, beauty, health, life – and they can be in a wide variety of formats such as: bullet points, lists, photo collages, etc. The sky is the limit on what you can do for Her Campus.

Here are just 6 of the many reasons to become a member of Her Campus:

1. Create content you’re interested in.

There’s more to Her Campus than just writing. Her Campus requires marketing and social media gurus; aspiring photographer and videographers to produce videos for YouTube and other medias; organized and driven individuals to stay on top of the weekly agenda. In Her Campus, you can wear a wide variety of hats and it can be exactly what you’re passionate about.

2. Gets you involved.

College can be a scary time, especially if you don’t know anyone around you. Her Campus Framingham is a close-knit group that genuinely cares about one another and the success of each other and the success of the content produced.

3. Creative outlet.

Finance or a math major, but love to express your creativity? Her Campus solves this issue, because each week we brainstorm new ideas, create new articles and think of fun events to get people involve on campus and within Her Campus chapter.

4. Impressive resume builder.

Showing employers that you are involved and care about your community is always a plus; however, being involved in Her Campus goes the extra mile, because it is so profoundly known throughout the U.S. and world. Some employers will recognize the club and professionalism and hard work that goes hand-in-hand with this organization. And for those who don’t recognize the name, will still be impressed with the work you do while being apart of this club.

5.Be part of a wide variety of experiences unique to Her Campus.

Several times a year Her Campus members are invited to a slew of events including Her Conference® and College Fashion Week®, which are two major events organized by Her Campus Nationals (headquarters).On a local level, businesses such as the Boston Ballet and Macy’s Department Store contacted HC Framingham to attend special events and write articles covering their experiences. Often Her Campus provides opportunities that many would not know about if they hadn’t joined Her Campus.

6. Survival Kits!

Who doesn’t love free stuff? Survival Kits are delivered to each Her Campus Chapter once or twice a semester filling with name brand items such as: Juicy Couture, Tarte, Aeropostal, etc. The contents are a variety of things like makeup, planners, purses, crazy glue and more. In exchange for this free merchandise, members use the product and write honest reviews of the products and their experience with it.

Join us on Thursday evenings @ 7:30 pm in McCarthy club room 1

Follow Her Campus Framingham on Twitter and Instagram @HCFramingham to be the first to know about weekly articles and free giveaways!

President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Framingham, Senior at Framingham State University, Finance Major. Avid animal lover, aspiring fashionista, and amateur traveler.