This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

For those of us who are planning to study abroad next semester or over the summer, we are stressing out (but still thrilled!) about preparing for it. While we prepare our applications, plans, and budgets, we should also prepare for what we’re going to miss. Of course we’ll miss our loving families, significant others, and friends but where we’re going is going to be lacking a few other important things.

Hulu

Right now, Hulu is only available in the United States and Japan. Unless you’re going to Japan, you’ll be missing out on Hulu originals like The Mindy Project and Difficult People.

Dunkin Donuts

Tragically, not every country or city has a Dunkin on every corner. This is especially going to take some time to get used to for New Englanders. I’d advise checking their website so you can enjoy as many Carmel Swirl Iced Coffees you can before you take off.

TV

If you’re like me and you live to watch new episodes when they air on tv, you’re going to have to prepare to not go on twitter while you’re favorite show is airing (which may be easy depending on your time difference). If the show’s website isn’t available, you need to just wait to binge when you’re back home, but can we even wait that long??

Not Having Time Differences

I realized I never had to worry about calling my mom and accidentally waking her up because we’ve always been in the same time zone. I need to get used to being five hours ahead of my friends, so I can’t be mad when they text me back at 2pm my time. They will just be waking up. Although it’s not possible, it’d be nice if they could alter their schedules so we can have more constant communication. I’m finally being an interesting person, I need them to know!!!

Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.