My Favorite 10 One Tree Hill Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Although the last episode aired in 2012, the TV show One Tree Hill is still a favorite among many. Curious to see what I was missing out on, I spent my first semester watching all 9 seasons on Netflix in less than 3 months time. It’s safe to say that it was worth every minute and now that I’ve finished it, I feel lost. To fill the void that comes with no new episodes left to watch, here are my favorite 10 moments from the whole series.

“There’s only one Tree Hill, and it’s your home” (1×22 & 9×13)

That moment when the title of the TV show is said in the TV show… First Karen says this to Lucas in the first season and it’s heard again when Haley says it to Jamie in the last season. It reminds us all that wherever the characters might go, they are always led back to their home in Tree Hill.

When the Ravens win the state championship game (4×09)

Otherwise known as the “It’s you” moment when Lucas finally realizes Peyton is the one he wants to be with and everything is good in the world.

After graduation at the River Court (4×21)

Watching the whole Tree Hill High group write their names on the river court, along with “We were here” made me realize that one of the reasons I love this show so much is the friendships between all of the characters and how no matter what happened they all had each other’s backs.

Nathan brings capes to Jamie’s class after Chuck was teasing him (6×07)

This was the cutest way to help Jamie overcome his bully (and future best friend) and it was a nice way to remember Quentin.

Nathan tells Haley he’s in the NBA (6×24)

It’s easy to forget that this started off as a show about basketball and developed into something much more than that. But this moment brings it back to its roots by having Nathan’s dream finally come true.

Brooke and Haley getting high from Quinn’s pot brownies (7×08)

It was funny to watch goody-two-shoes Haley freak out when she learned her sister’s “special brownies” were pot brownies, but it was even funnier to see how her and Brooke acted when she decided to continue eating them anyways.

Utah trip (7×22)

There are so many good moments in this episode, (Jamie sees snow for the first time, Julian’s movie premiere is a success, Julian proposes to Brooke, Haley reveals to Nathan that she is pregnant again) that I couldn’t choose one so I chose the whole trip instead. One of the best parts about the trip though is that we see Haley start to overcome her depression and begin to feel happy again. (http://oi41.tinypic.com/2n1xna0.jpg)

Jamie’s best man speech at Brooke and Julian’s wedding (8×13)

This was the cutest thing in the world and if you don’t think so too, then you’re wrong. (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_T9U2hEJKch0/TVH7aMa3MGI/AAAAAAAABt0/b_nRFJ2Nt2…)

When Brooke learns she is having twins (8×22)

Brooke Davis deserves all good things after all the shit she has been through and after thinking she couldn’t have kids at all, learning she’s pregnant with twins was such a happy moment to watch. (http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28000000/Brooke-Pregnant-davis-an…)

Lucas’s appearance in season 9 (9×07)

Even though the context of his return wasn’t the best and it was just for one episode, as a huge Lucas fan, I was so excited to see him come back. For me, the series just wasn’t the same after Lucas and Peyton left the show.

While there are no doubt many more moments in the series that are memorable, these are the ones that stood out for me and the ones that made me fall in love with the characters and the story of One Tree Hill.

Victoria Bailey

Framingham '20

vice president & senior editor of Her Campus Framingham