How to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Are you a graduating senior looking for a job? Looking for an internship for class credit? LinkedIn is the perfect place for your search! If you’re new to LinkedIn and want to make your profile appealing to employers, here are some tips on how to make it the best it can be!

• Add your extracurricular activities. If you are a member of a club, mention it in your profile. Include if you had a certain position in the club, like president or treasurer. It does stand out and in personal experience, employers take interest in it and want to know more.
  • Include media (digital portfolios and videos you’ve made for examples) and publications (like an HC article you wrote!) if you have it. It proves you have experience beyond saying you’ve done something.
  • Have a professional profile picture. I know this may go without saying, but you’d be surprised.
  • Did you study abroad? Include it! It shows you have even more certain skills!
  • Connect with professors and employers
  • LinkedIn is basically a digital resume. If you have a skill, for example, on your resume, have it featured on your profile. Make sure you have as many skills included.
Graduate from Framingham State University. Communication Arts major, and Writing minor. Former Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Framingham and current After College writer! I'm passionate about tv shows, comedy, music, and cheese fries and take them all very seriously.