alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Graduating: A Big Step Forward in Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Graduation; a time where you have completed all the education you require in your life. It’s time where you dress up and stand out in the crowd. A time where you walk down a line to a stage, and are congratulated by your professors, family, and everyone else who has looked out for you during your school life. This is the moment where you take a big step to start your independent life. This is unfortunately the moment where a few sad encounters happen to you. Mainly, saying goodbye to all the friends you have made, as well as your family.

Many people have asked me about my graduation. Most of them asked if I was excited to graduate. My answer in short is yes and no. There are several ups and several downs I have to face upon commencement.

The positive steps are that I can finally start my dream job; working with roads and highways with the Department of Transportation. Ever since I was a toddler, I have taken a big liking to the roads and highways in this world, especially with major highways (particulary Interstates). As I grew, I pretended to drive on them. I have even drew highways from my imagination, and I actually still do so to this very day.

Unfortunately, with great jobs like these also comes high prices to pay as a result of graduation. Upon leaving this school, I also have to say goodbye to all of the dear friends I have made here. These people mean a lot to me, as when I started Framingham State, I felt like I was gonna be an outsider, until several people came and introduced themselves to me, and wanted to get to know me better. Matter of fact, one of my friends was my orientation leader, and during lunchtime (at the day of Orientation), she noticed I was alone, and had me sitting with her, and a few other people as well. As time went on, she also introduced me to a few organizations where I would make more friends easily.

However, after I graduate, I feel like I can never see them again. It is not gonna be easy for me to move on, because everyone at this campus really made me feel like I was a part of the school community. And I must say that, if it weren’t for all of them, I would’ve felt completely lonely, especially during the 2016/2017 school year where I had to deal with missing my Dad (who has almost fully recovered from a stroke he suffered in October 2016), and other stresses as well, including schoolwork. Framingham State, you will forever be missed.