samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Getting to Know Beck Govoni

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Name: Beck Govoni

Year: 2nd year, credit-wise I’m a Junior

Major: currently liberal studies

Hometown: Medford, MA

What are you involved with on campus?

Her Campus, I’m a write for them! I’m secretary of the sophomore class, community service club. I’m in some other clubs but not like a big part. Also part of an ethics board.

Fave color?

Too personal. Probably purple.

What do you think about Framinghm?

It’s pretty lit, I like it, it’s a good framily!

If you could change anything about yourself what would you change?

I’d probably want, like, better hair, like hair that listens to me. I wanna be one of those girls that puts her hair up in a ponytail and is like “are there any bumps?”

If you were an animal what would you be?

My favorite animal which is a pink flamingo.

What do you plan to do after school?

Even more school, law school!

Favorite song to dance to?

I can dance to any song, man. Probably like any pop/latin music.

What has been your favorite event you attend on campus?

Ever? I’ve been to, like, every event on campus. You know what was really fun? The all universit banquet last year. I thought I was being nominated for one thing but I was nominated for like four!

What’s your favorite movie?

Princess Bride

Can you name every single thing that you’re allergic to?

Nuts, except for hazelnut which means I can eat nutella. And I have oral allergy syndrome – basically I can’t eat most fruits and vegetables.

Where’s the coolest place you’ve traveled to?

Disneyworld! That’s the only place I’ve been out of New England.

Favorite place to eat off campus?

Emiliano’s, it’s near my house. It’s run by this guy Emiliano from Mexico. They have the best burritos!

Do you have a personal hero?

I’ve found that if you put someone on a pedestal they’re gonna disappoint you or youre gonna mimic their bad behavior.

Did you ever expect to be well known on your college campus?

No, no one knew me in high school because I transferred schools. I decided not to talk to anyone until like senior year.

What’s something you cannot live without?

Probably human interaction. I go crazy, like, if I don’t talk to people. I had a single the beginning of freshman year, I went crazy.

Who do you think should be the next President?

Kanye might be a good prospect. I’d like to see Joe [Biden]. Michelle would be good but I don’t think she would run.

What is your favorite late night activity?

Probably eating food. I really like going outside and going for walks at like 1 or 2 am. Which is not a good idea, don’t do it! I’ve been fine so far but it’s really a bad thing I shouldn’t do.

What is your favorite overall thing about FSU?

I think it’s a great community. I love the people. [They’re] really nice. People have been nice since I first came to campus.

Advice to any incoming students?

Don’t wear your lanyard around your neck, you’re gonna look like a freshman. That’s the best advice I can give you.

More commonly known as Katy, I am a senior marketing major at Framingham State University. I enjoy long walks to the dessert section of the dining commons, reading into The Wonder Years lyrics, and adding to my growing collection of All Time Low t-shirts (the current count is 26). If you need me, I'm probably napping.