Funny, Loving, and Carefree: Meet Maddie Alper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Ever wonder about that blonde beauty you see constantly running around campus? Well, that must be Maddie! We got to sit down with this crazy involved girl and get to know her.

Hometown: Barnstable, MA

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology

Minor: Criminology

Involvement: SUAB Secretary, SGA Class & Club Treasurer, Class of 2017 Vice President, Relay for Life Team Lead, Foundations Peer Mentor, and Security Desk Attendant

What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment at FSU?

Definitely being a student leader and being as involved as my schedule allows me time for like inspiring others to do the same things I did.

How do you stay organized, since you are so busy?

I have a cute little Lily Pulitzer agenda I use every day and to do lists. I don’t like free time. I get bored.

How was the coming out process?

It was terrifying but really rewarding in the end. Don’t do it until you’re ready to. Do it at your own pace. People will try to pressure you but no one is in the position you’re in. you will know when you’re ready.

Do you have any plans for after graduation?

Thinking about going to grad school here. If I stop I don’t know if I will go back and I know I need to go to grad school. Trying to get a job here as well that’s like the real goal. I would love to help work with student involvement.

Has there ever been a mentor to you on campus?

Yeah, she doesn’t work here anymore. Ashlee Givins who was the Assistant Director for First-Year Programs.

Dunkins or Starbucks: What’s your coffee order?

Dunkins 100% medium caramel iced swirl with skim milk. Mary Lou’s when I’m home, though.

Favorite thing about growing up on the Cape?

The beach is my favorite thing in the world. I have a specific beach that I go to dowses beach I go to for everything in Osterville whenever I need to make a tough decision or anything. It’s my happy place. It’s my favorite part of being from the cape, the beach is 2 minutes from my house.

What are you currently watching on Netflix?

I love Netflix. Currently watching Gilmore girls. Favorites definitely grey’s anatomy, gossip girl, one tree hill. It’s so good.

What’s one of your goals?

To be successful in a sense that I am happy with my life. No one else defines success than you. Like having a job, steady income, and family. I want to be a mom.

If you could marry any celebrity who would it be?

Taylor swift, hands down! I met her parents at her concert. I dressed like a crazy person and ‘stalked’ her mother and she let me stay in the VIP suite with her. I have a thing for Taylor Swift, it’s fine.

Biggest role model in your life?

In general, my dad is my biggest fan. I’m definitely a daddy’s girl. He does so much for our family and he has always given me everything I’ve wanted in more. He loves me so much and shows it in his own way.

What is one thing people don’t know about you on campus?

A lot of people don’t know that I actually work at the beach and have since I was 14. Started out cleaning toilets for 4 years, then a gate attendant and this year I became a supervisor. I ran the beach.

If your life was a movie, who would you want to play you?

Either Melissa McCarthy or Amy Schumer. Probably Melissa she’s like my spirit animal.  Bridesmaids is my favorite movie and she plays my favorite character in the movie. Dressed up as her for Halloween one year as well.

What advice do you have for first year students?

Don’t be afraid to try new things. And don’t be afraid to be yourself.

Marissa is a senior psychology major and photography minor at Framingham State University. She is an Academic Success Peer Tutor, SDA in the dorms. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Framingham and a Chapter Advisor. When she is not daydreaming, Marissa enjoys binge-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu and sleeping.