17 Songs to Add to Your Spring Break ‘17 Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Whether you plan on spending the week on a well-deserved tropical vacation, curled up in bed enjoying mom’s cooking, or taking a last minute road trip with friends, you need a playlist to put you in the Spring Break state of mind. Put the following songs on as background music as you endlessly scroll through social media, or sing them at the top of your lungs with your girls, and enjoy your break!

Loving Somebody – Dreams

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “I’m not getting any better, baby / you say you love me, you don’t / I’m getting high on my own.”

Stay A Little Longer – Lostboycrow

Lyrics you’ll be singing: Don’t make me wait / don’t make me wonder / it’s not too late / stay a little longer.”

Roam – Theia

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “It don’t matter where we come from or where we go / ‘cause baby, we’ve been searching for it way too long / no we’re not gonna find it if we’re standing still / so baby, come with me and maybe then you’ll see.”

Not Going Home – DVBBS

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “Oh I’ve been dancing on my own, on my own / As long as you’re looking I don’t feel alone.”

Poolside – Baynk

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “‘Cause I’m a little bit tired of waiting / little bit tired of racing round my room / little bit tired of patience / but not too tired that I can’t meet you by the poolside.”

Summertime Sadness (Remix) – Lana Del Rey vs. Cedric Gervais

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “I’ve got that summertime / summertime sadness.”

Touch – Little Mix

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “Just a touch of your love is enough to take control of my whole body / just a touch of your love / just a touch of your love.”

The Night is Young – The Summer Set

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “Don’t look back on your life like it’s over now / sure, we’re all gonna die / the time will come / and maybe the old days are gone / but the night is young.”

With or Without Me – SAINTE

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “I waited so long to have you in my pocket / but it was all wrong / you’ll never be happy / with or without me.”

New Man – Ed Sheeran

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “I don’t wanna know about your new man / ‘cause if it was meant to be / you wouldn’t be calling me up trying to / ‘cause I’m positive that he don’t wanna know about me.”

That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “Gold jewelry shining so bright / strawberry champagne on ice / lucky for you that’s what I like / that’s what I like.”

Human Touch – Betty Who

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “We don’t have to call it love / just need a human touch.”

No Sleep (ft. Droo Hastings) – Quietdrive

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “No driving / no sleeping / live it up like it’s the weekend.”

California Girls – NoMBe vs Sonny Alven

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “Baby, don’t you know you are stardust / and you’re a long, long way from home/ way from home.”

Magic – Thomas Gold (ft. Jillian Edwards)

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “Now I know / you put the magic in my bones.”

TROUBLE (ft. Absofacto) – The Knocks

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “The trouble with you / you don’t do what your heart wants to / you never listen to it, no, no / that’s the trouble with you.”

Weekend – Louis The Child & Icona Pop

Lyrics you’ll be singing: “Pop a couple bottles for no reason / brand new high heels / I’m not sleeping / treating weekdays like the weekend / we’ve been treating weekdays like the weekend.”

More commonly known as Katy, I am a senior marketing major at Framingham State University. I enjoy long walks to the dessert section of the dining commons, reading into The Wonder Years lyrics, and adding to my growing collection of All Time Low t-shirts (the current count is 26). If you need me, I'm probably napping.