What To Do If You’re Not Going On Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Some of us are #broke and can’t afford to travel to the beautiful and sunny Bahamas on spring break. Luckily, us Fordham kids live in NYC where there are always a million and one things to do, so spring break won’t be that miserable if you’re staying put it the city. So if you are like me and are also having a little ‘staycation’ let me tell you what are some cool things you can do during this next week:

Visit the orchid show at the New York Botanical Garden  

Until April 22nd the beautiful series of installations crafted by Belgian Floral Artist Daniel Ost will be showcased at the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory at the NY Botanical Garden in the Bronx. If you’re 21 (or older) you can also attend the Orchid evenings, in which you can explore the exhibition after hours while you enjoy live music performances. 

Adults: $15

Students (with valid ID): $7

More info at: https://www.nybg.org/event/the-orchid-show/

Broadway Shows

Grab a friend, dress up nice and head over to the TKTS ticket both at Times Square, where you can get discount tickets for some of the classic shows on broadway, “The Phantom of the Opera”, “Chicago”, “Lion King”, you name it! 

Easter Sunday Brunch Cruise

Does live jazz, bottomless mimosas, brunch buffet overlooking the statue of liberality sound like a good way to spend Easter Sunday? I think so too.

More info: https://www.timeout.com/newyork/things-to-do/easter-sunday-jazz-brunch-cruise

Boating in Central Park

Starting in April, the rowboats at Loeb Boathouse in Central Park will be ready to rent! Make it a cute date at the park by also arranging a cute picnic :)

Museums

The Met, MoMa, Guggenheim, The Whitney? Need I say more? Besides indulging in the finest of arts the world has to offer, a trip to these museums is also a great photo-op (p.s. check out the rooftop at The Met)

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.