At the Top of the Key with Bryan Smith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Anyone who has been a part of a team knows that leadership and experience is crucial to success.  This year, men’s basketball has that in senior guard Bryan Smith.  Smith has appeared in virtually every game the Rams have played during his tenure at Rose Hill, only sitting out for an injury.  The normally subdued Brooklynite talked to Her Campus Fordham about Ram Town, the upcoming season, and what legacy he wants to leave.    

Where are you from? Brooklyn

What year are you? Senior

What is your major? Communication and Media Studies

When you’re not on the court, what else are you involved in?  Hanging with my teammates.

Ram Town is this week! What’s the best thing about Ram Town for the players?  [Seeing] how excited the students are for the new season.

What’s going to be different this season, and what can fans look forward to at games?  We are going to be much better than last season.

As a senior, what are your goals for the season and what legacy do you want to leave behind for the program?  To have a winning season and make the post season tournaments.  My legacy is to be a good player but even better person.

How did you decide to come to Fordham? Close to home, and my family could watch me play.

As a student athlete, you are extremely busy all the time. Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships?  My tip is to make sure you eat and get sleep/ rest whenever you can.

What’s your favorite thing about New York?  The diversity.

Do you have a favorite NYC memory?  Hard to answer since I lived here my entire life.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory?  Hitting the game winning shot vs. a ranked Harvard team freshman year.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham?  Intro to Communications

What’s your least favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham?  Urbanism- the worst!!!

Where’s your favorite spot on campus?  Rose Hill Gym then the Grille for a wrap

What’s your dream job?  To own a restaurant where my mother is the top chef.

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is?  Getting a well-rounded education.

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you?  I may seem quiet but I can be very funny at times.

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Bronx Zoo

Arthur Ave or Fordham Road? Arthur Ave

Cafeteria or Grille? Grille

Conway or Dr. Jay’s? Footlocker!!!

RamVan or Subway? Subway

Met or MoMA? Met

Hot Dog or Bagel? Bagel

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? MSG

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Brooklyn Bridge

A senior in FCRH, Stephanie is a double major in Political Science and American Studies. She is from Eastchester NY, which is about 20 minutes away from Fordham. She is involved in the Fordham Dance Team, is a Secretary of the Residence Hall Association board, New Student Orientation, and various other clubs.