Stephen Esposito, FCRH ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Hometown: Floral Park, NY – According to the sign, it’s the greatest place to live. Debatable.

School/Year: FCRH 2017

Major/Minor: Double Majoring in Political Science and International Humanitarian Affairs

Campus involvement: President of the Campus Activities Board, Senior Week Service Coordinator, New Student Orientation, Global Outreach

1) What is your favorite thing about Fordham? My favorite thing about Fordham is the ever-growing Ramily that I have met over the years. I am a firm believer that when you choose Fordham, you are choosing to be loved.

2) What’s a surprising fact about you? I lived with the entire football team in the basement of South freshmen year. I was not on the team. 

3) What is the best and most challenging thing about being the president of CAB? The best thing about being president of CAB is seeing an idea go from paper to an actual executed event. My executive board has really exceeded my expectations this year and it is their passion that keeps me motivated to continue working to put on programs. The most challenging aspect of being president is overseeing a rambunctious group of student leaders, especially during our meetings every Thursday. Whenever there are a lot of side conversations I usually make a circular motion with my hand in the air while saying “circle back”. This, of course, has now been adopted by many of the e-board members when impersonating me.

4) How do you balance your campus commitments with your academic work? I’m able to focus on my academics while still enjoying the “joy” of student involvement thanks to the many supportive advisors and fellow executive board members I have met over the years. The greatest advice I ever received was from Natalie Salerno, CAB president 2014-2015 (and friend), which is you only have 100% percent of yourself to give and anyone else who says they give more is lying. Basically, it comes down to time management, a few late nights, and a good sense of humor. 

5) Favorite Fordham memory? I had a really hard transition to college my freshman year and by the end of the year, I really didn’t know if I wanted to come back. My RA Leto, convinced me to join clubs and really put in an effort into making sure that I gave Fordham a chance. I was chosen to be on a Global Outreach trip to Alaska by Alex Chin Fong (a.k.a. my sweet baby), which was an experience that not only gave me a lot of closure in my personal life due to the nature of the trip, but also gave me the friends that I can’t imagine my life without.

Additionally, I was chosen to be on the CAB executive board and worked my first spring weekend. It was truly the first time that I had felt that I found my place at Fordham. Every year I look forward to running on four hours of sleep and seeing the concert/whole week of events come together. It really breaks my heart that this will be the last year I will be putting on my Britney Spear’s headset, double barricading all of Martyr’s lawn, and tackling drunk students to the ground when they cut the line for the food trucks, however I am beyond lucky to do it with the incredible support of my team.

6) Guilty pleasure? Ram’s Deli Plus Bad Girl Sandwich and having my CAB Executive Board refer to me as Daddy.

7) Do you have any plans for after graduation? As of now, living in my mom’s basement and hopefully finally losing the freshman fifteen.

8) Last show you binge-watched? I last binge-watched The Mysteries of Laura. It’s a cross between Law and Order and A Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce with Debra Messing starring as an overworked detective looking for love.  

9) If you could pick three celebrities to be part of your entourage, who would they be? James Corden, Billy Eichner, and Bethenny Frankel

10) What advice would you give to fellow rams, particularly underclassmen? When you’re a senior make sure to arrive at Senior Nights at 10:15 because you will beat the rush of people coming and it will ensure that food will not run out before you get there.

On a more serious note, I would say to make sure that you say thank you to all those that have made your experience here at Fordham what it is. Whether it’s a professor that really inspired you, a caf worker that put a smile on your face every day, or a friend that has been by your side since freshman year, it’s important to acknowledge that they are the reason that Fordham is so great.

Sophia is a sophomore from Houston, Texas majoring in Marketing and minoring in Film & Television at Fordham University. When she is not in class you can find her watching Survivor, listening to true crime podcasts, or wandering around New York City in search of her next favorite sweet treat.