Smiling with Sam Nash

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Sam Nash is a happy, fun loving person who will say hi to you anywhere around campus. Whether she’s working on the event staff at a softball game or checking people in at senior nights, she’s a joy to be around, and someone you should definitely get to know.  Read more about her!

Where are you from? Yorktown, New York

What year are you? Junior

What is your major? Psychology

What activities are you involved in? RHA, Fordham Career Ambassadors, Senior Week Volunteer, NSO

How did you decide to come to Fordham? I originally said I didn’t want to go to a school so close to home but then I visited Fordham I fell in love with it and couldn’t imagine going to any other school.

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? I think the most important thing is time management. It’s not easy to split your time between different involvements but once you get a system down it’s not too hard, as long as you stick to a plan.

What’s your favorite thing about New York? My favorite thing about New York is that you can always find something new to do, a new place to see or a new restaurant to eat at. You can never be bored!

Do you have a favorite NYC memory? There’s so many! Probably the time I went to Coney Island last year.

What’s on your NYC bucket list? I want to go to the roof of the Empire Hotel, Gossip Girl style.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? Probably Spring Weekend of sophomore year, I had a great time with my best friends.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Infant and Child Development

What’s your least favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Texts and Contexts

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? Keating Steps, or the Caf

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? Get involved! I didn’t really get involved until sophomore and junior year and I really wish that’s something I had done earlier.

What’s your dream job? Pop Star…

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? The best part of a Jesuit education is the variety of classes offered so that students become well rounded.

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Dr. Brown, who I had for Infant and Child Development. It was such an awesome class!

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? Hmmm.. I’m an only child.

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Bronx Zoo

Arthur Ave/Fordham Road? Arthur Ave

Cafeteria or Grille? Caf

Conway or Dr. Jay’s? Dr. Jay’s

RamVan or Subway? Subway

Met or MoMA? Met

Hot Dog or Bagel? Bagel

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? MSG

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Brooklyn Bridge

A senior in FCRH, Stephanie is a double major in Political Science and American Studies. She is from Eastchester NY, which is about 20 minutes away from Fordham. She is involved in the Fordham Dance Team, is a Secretary of the Residence Hall Association board, New Student Orientation, and various other clubs.