Senior Staff Series: Christina D’Ambrosio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Major: Communications

Minor: Journalism and Digital Technology and Emerging Media 

Favorite thing about Fordham:  

My favorite thing about Fordham is how close to Manhattan we are, but without giving up our gorgeous campus. 

Favorite Fordham memory(-ies): 

Prez Ball, the Twenty One Pilots concert (and the Timeflies concert tbh), and those spring days when everyone was out on Eddie’s. 

How does it feel to be graduating? 

To be completely honest, it’s terrible. The idea of not coming back here in September is breaking my heart, and I’m already looking forward to Homecoming. 

What are your plans post-grad? 

Going home to Boston, but very much trying to come back. I want to work in the digital space either in fashion, beauty, or entertainment. 

What are you going to miss the most? 

Always being close to friends. It would be a total understatement to say Friday nights are never going to be the same. 

What was your favorite class at Fordham and why? 

My favorite class at Fordham was ‘Writing For Magazines’ with Holly Hepp-Galvan. It was a continuing studies class, so the vibe was so different from any class I’d ever taken before. Everyone was there because they really wanted to be, and Professor Hepp-Galvan never failed to keep things interesting. 

What’s your favorite Arthur Avenue restaurant? 

Does Pugsley’s count?

What is your advice for future rams? 

Your time here is so limited, so make the most of it. Don’t let yourself get stuck in what other people want you to do or be because you will only end up wasting your time and energy. Also, do not miss the opportunity to study abroad. It is definitely intimidating to pack up and move to another country, but so worth it. The memories I made during my semester in London will last me a lifetime, and the experience helped me feel more connected to people at Fordham. 

What should all underclassmen do before graduating? 

Eat at Primavera on the first block past Webster. They have the best salads (and bacon egg and cheeses). Besides that, take advantage of everything this city has to offer. Some of the coolest things I did during my time at Fordham were opportunities from 1iota.com, which is a free ticket website for things like Jimmy Fallon tapings and special events like the NBA All Star Game. 

Metro North, D Train or Ram Van? 

Metro North always 

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? 

Botans

Best sandwich at Rams? 

Hands-down the Chedi-Wap (but only at 3 AM).  

What’s your go-to karaoke song? 

‘Love On Top’ by Beyonce

Dream job?

Organizing Harry Styles’ suit collection. 

Artist you’d most want to see in concert? 

Lady Gaga, duh. 

Name three celebrities you’d most want in your squad

Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Chrissy Teigen

What are you watching on Netflix right now? 

Grace and Frankie because Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are both absolute legends. 

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.