jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Second Semester, As Told By GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

It’s the last few days of the holidays before you move back into school, and you’re already getting emails from your professors.

On one hand, you contemplate refusing to go back so you don’t have to leave your pets.

On the other hand, you’re excited to see all of your friends.

You say goodbye to your family, which is super bittersweet.

But hey, it’s your first night back, and the upcoming week is merely syllabus week, so what do you and your friends do? That’s right: get rip-roaring drunk!

Are you regretting that decision while you’re sitting in your 8:30 the next day, listening to your professor read the syllabus? Sorta.

Yet you’re still there, looking fierce. No one has to know that this is the only week you plan on wearing decent clothes/makeup.

Every school has rumors of a crazy professor. You seem to have gotten that professor.

You soon learn that the whole “second semester syllabus week” thing is complete myth.

Because all your professors be like: “you get an assignment! And you get an assignment! Everyone gets an assignment!”

Maybe you’re not cut out for this. For a few moments, you consider dropping out and going to clown school.

But you decide to persevere, you brave student you!

Because you know if you keep on keepin’ on, at the end of the semester, you’ll be happy with the grades you earned.

And what more could you ask for than a fun semester with your friends?

So stay strong, kid!

Or, you know, you could just pull a Michael Scott. Whatever works.

Ashley is currently a student at Fordham University who's double majoring in English and Philosophy, and minoring in Business Administration. Her hometown is Northport, New York (Long Island represent!!). On campus, a few out of many things she's involved in are Let's Get Ready, the Philosopher's Society, FUEMS, Autism Speaks U, Colleges Against Cancer, and writes for both Her Campus and the Fordham Ram. She loves her job working with special needs individuals in a therapeutic horseback riding program (https://www.facebook.com/dreambigtherapeutic), playing the piano, the entirety of the Christmas season, her dog, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Recently, she's binge-watched Game of Thrones and Archer. Ashley is super excited to be writing for Her Campus!! Follow her on Instagram (@ashkatusaa) or Twitter (@ashiisaurr) for occasional witty comments.