Samantha Mandich, FCRH’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: Samantha Mandich

School & Year: FCRH’ 17

Major & Minor: Communications and Media Studies with a concentration in Film, Double minor in Visual Arts and Fashion Studies

1)    What’s your favorite thing about Fordham? Expressions!

2)    How do you balance dance and school and an internship every semester? Oh God. I don’t even know. I guess time management and it helps that all of the things I’m doing I really love, so even though it’s a lot of work, I enjoy being busy.

3)    What can we expect at the Expressions show this weekend? Well it’s our 15th anniversary so we wanted to make some really special dances to celebrate it. I would say they’re more out of the box than usual, not so traditional.

4)    What do you love about dance? I love dance because it’s the best creative outlet I’ve ever had. I really enjoy dancing with the people that I love and I feel that it brings people together. And it’s a good way to express yourself.

5)    Rank your favorite Beyoncé songs: Oh shoot. This is the hardest question I’ve ever had to answer. I’ll give you my Top 3.

1) Formation is number one right now.

2) I’m going to include Destiny’s Child in this too. So, Say My Name.

3) Now, do I go with old school belting Beyoncé or like Drunk in Love? This is really hard. Okay, it would have to be Love On Top.

6)    5 Things You Can’t Live Without: Pizza, dance, chocolate, movies, and my mom.

7)    Describe your dream job. If I don’t end up being a dancer, then I would love to be some sort of costume designer or stylist for either film or television or even Broadway.

8)    What’s your favorite thing about New York and your favorite thing about California? Cali: the weather and Mexican food. NYC: Good public transportation and boozy brunch.

9)    If you had a theme song to your life, what would it be? It would also have to be Formation.

Natalie is a senior at Fordham University where she is a Communications major, concentrating in Journalism. She's previously been a Public Relations Intern at Rent the Runway, a Features Editor at Seventeen Magazine, and an Editorial Intern at Dance Spirit Magazine. This semester, she has the opportunity to combine both of her passions, dance and journalism, as a Press Intern at the New York City Ballet. She continues to take class at the infamous, Broadway Dance Center as she hopes to enjoy her senior year to the fullest.