#RamTown2014: What Should You Expect?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

A lot of people make claims that Fordham is not a school with much school spirit or pride in athletics. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we’d like to point out to the nonbelievers that Ram Town is arguably one of the most spirited events of the year. If you’re unfamiliar, Ram Town is annual big pep rally to kick off the season for the Men’s and Women’s basketball teams. Players, coaches, cheerleaders, and dancers come out to show the fans just how much they appreciate the support. If you like free Fordham t-shirts, you’ll like Ram Town. If you like contests, relay races, prizes, and free food, you’ll love Ram Town. But, since you never know what’s going to go down on the court during the rally, here are five things you can definitely count on happening: 

1. This year’s grand prize is a trip to Mexico. Last year’s winner won her free trip when she sunk a free throw (no pressure…).

2. The Men’s basketball team will have a dunk contest. No. Complaints. Here. 

3. If you’re brave enough to channel your inner Jimmy Fallon in a lip-sync battle, you could win a TV, iPad, free books for a semester, or gift cards. 

4. Free food from Arthur Avenue. Enough said. 

5) The Women’s basketball team will unveil their A-10 Championship Banner. This is why we’re feminists

If you need any more convincing, here are some photos from Ram Town 2013 to wet your appetite. 

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.