Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Fordham Blog

I Won A Trip To The 2013 VMA's

By Nicole Chaux
September 6, 2013 - 8:25pm

READ MORE

My Roommate's Dilemma: Surviving A LDR This Summer

By Alyssa Fiorentino
May 6, 2013 - 9:06pm

You’ve finally reached the end of spring semester, and you’re trying to make it through finals in one piece; but something else has got you stressed these days.  After a year full of romantic hiccups you’ve finally found the “right” guy for you, but there’s a catch. You both agree that you want to begin an exclusive relationship, but summer is fast approaching and you live hours apart from each other. You, like many other college students, are facing the challenge of having a long-distance summer romance. You’re probably wondering if it can even work out, and how you will find time to talk with your busy summer schedules; but before you get discouraged, listen to the advice I gave my roommate when she was in this situation....

HC Fordham Abroad: Australia

By annpierret
April 23, 2013 - 3:04pm

I’m one of those people who constantly makes lists and at the end of the day when there isn’t a check next to every task, I become disappointed. However, I knew that if I wanted to assimilate myself into the Australian way of life during the 4 months I was here, I needed to chill out. Their culture is all about a stress free environment. No one gets upset about anything, no one is ever in a rush; Australians are relaxed all day everyday. It’s fantastic! This is definitely what I needed this semester. My laundry list of tasks has turned into a bucket list of beaches I want to explore, cities I want to adventure to, and sites I want to see. READ MORE

My Roommate's Dilemma: Dealing with The Ex and The New Girl

By Alyssa Fiorentino
March 21, 2013 - 12:13am

Break ups are never fun; no matter how hard we try to make it look like we're okay with it, or even happy about it, everyone can agree that break-ups are almost always painful in some way. Beyond the break-up is the mountainous task of moving on. Some find it easy, and others find it difficult; when it is not you but your ex-boyfriend who is moving on first, we usually just find it confusing. READ MORE

Their Story: How Female Suicide Bombers Are The Weapon Of Choice

By Lindsey Festa.
March 8, 2013 - 3:45pm

The United States’ decision to lift the ban on women in combat, now permitting them to defend their country on the front lines, is a historic move for our nation. The announcement made by former Defense Secretary, Leon Panetta, is a resolution that seems long overdue, especially when examining other countries that willingly utilize women in warlike tactics.    READ MORE

My Roommate's Dilemma: How to End Your Fall Hook-Up

By Alyssa Fiorentino
February 10, 2013 - 12:00am

My roommate has found herself in another dilemma: with spring semester underway, she’s looking for a fresh start. For her, this means new books, new clothes, and new boys. While my roommate had been continuously hooking-up with the same guy for the better half of fall semester, she’s looking to leave their hooking-up days in the past. However, instead of stopping all contact and avoiding him like the flu, my roommate wants to remain good friends with her ex-flame. If you too are wondering how to stop hooking-up but stay friends, here are a few rules I suggest you follow: READ MORE

Their Story: How Girls In Africa Are Forced To Eat

By Lindsey Festa.
February 2, 2013 - 8:00pm

Images of obese women struggling to jog a mile or simply to walk up a flight of stairs are not uncommon sights in the United States. Obesity continues to run rampant throughout our country, an issue which has led health conscious individuals to push for reform. For many women, the idea of gaining a pound, let alone multiple pounds, can result in intense gym sessions and extreme diets. Though this may be the mentality of some American women, this is not the case for the women in Mauritania.    READ MORE

How to DIY your Holiday Gifts

By Danielle Garrand
December 17, 2012 - 8:00pm

The holidays bring laughter and joy, but not when you have to live on Ramen until Easter just to afford presents for friends and family. This year, instead of stressing out about whether you will have enough green to get the “perfect gift” try doing-it-yourself, or DIY. Creating your own presents shows your inner circle that you care a lot more than giving a box soap set would and personalizes the gifts for each individual. No matter what you decide to DIY or how it turns out, everyone is sure to love the “from-the-heart” creations because they were made by you. Fleece-Tie Blanket Total time: 2 hours Total Price: under $20 READ MORE

LeSportsc Has A New Pop Up Shop!

By Sarah Ramirez
December 17, 2012 - 5:00pm

Shopping for the holidays in December can be stressful. Between finals, holiday events, traveling, and scheduling in some sleep, there isn't much time to plan out shopping expeditions for everyone on your gift list. Exhausted from finals and with a limited amount of time before Christmas, what’s a collegiette to do? READ MORE

Party with Her Campus and Bing in NYC!

By Simmone Seymour
June 26, 2012 - 11:31am

Hey Fordham collegiettes! Having fun in the city that never sleeps? We sure hope so! Whether you are crunching numbers on Madison Ave or snapping pics of some fabulous street style we want you to come party with Her Campus and Bing! We're throwing a party to celebrate the launch of the new Bing in the trendy Meat-Packing District at the Double Seven Lounge on July 9th from 7-9 pm. READ MORE