Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Fordham Blog

Abroad the Alicante Way

By Alexandra Horne
November 5, 2013 - 9:00pm

Making the decision to go abroad can certainly be difficult. Living in a different country away from your family and friends for four months is daunting and overwhelming. I had always thought about going abroad, but when the time came to actually go, my nerves were uncontrollable. Especially because I chose a program that wasn’t very popular at Fordham. I decided to spend my time abroad in Alicante, a small beach town in the south of Spain. I was going with not one other student from Fordham which made the journey that much harder, but halfway through my time here, I feel as though I made the best decision possible. It might be hard to apply to programs that aren’t popular at FU, but I can only say that I have had the greatest experience....

Carly's Halloween Playlist

By Carly Morrison
October 30, 2013 - 8:37pm

If there's one thing I love, it's music. If there's a second thing I love, it's Halloween. That's why I've concocted the perfect playlist for Halloweekend 2013. Whether you need some tunes to get ready to, or a soundtrack for your Halloween party, I've got you covered. From Shewolf to the Monster Mash, these songs are sure to get you spooked.  1. Thriller - Michael Jackson 2. Alien - Katy Perry READ MORE

Dear Betty: I'm Homesick

By Lindsay Bukowski
October 23, 2013 - 8:36pm

Dear Betty, I’m from California, so the only thing that was missing from Family weekend was my family.  I love Fordham but sometimes the distance makes me question taking that 3,000 ft. trip across the country.  What do I do? Sincerely, California Dreaming   ----------------------------   Dear California, READ MORE

I Went To Comic Con!

By Yasmin Sahra
October 17, 2013 - 11:54pm

Have you ever gazed up at the night sky in complete awe just marveling at the tiny specks of stars?  You know there’s a whole universe out there waiting to be explored, but all you can do is look up and daydream about its faraway secrets.  Well, that’s what it feels like being a superhero nerd deep in the heart of Texas.  While everyone else talked about the latest football game I’d shut myself in my room, wrap myself up in my Justice League blanket, and dream of comic con.  As soon as I set my sights on Fordham, my dreams were finally coming true.  I have no shame in admitting I purchased my tickets even before enrolling in school.  As October drew closer and closer, my excitement grew. READ MORE

I Saw My Favorite Artist Perform For Free!

By Carly Morrison
October 11, 2013 - 4:39pm

John Mayer is my favorite musical artist of all time, and when I found out that he was going to be performing at a free festival in Central Park, I had to find a way to go. Unfortunately I had become really busy with school work and totally forgot to look into getting festival tickets. I had pretty much lost all hope, until one of my roommates told me that her friend won tickets and had an extra few the day before the festival. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity to go. READ MORE

HC Back-To-School Survival Kit Is A Lifesaver!

By Alyssa Fiorentino
October 4, 2013 - 5:07pm

Back to school at Fordham means back to long study sessions in Walsh library, hectic schedules filled with core classes, and the sounds of the city that never sleeps keeping you company all night. Luckily for us here at Her Campus Fordham, the Her Campus Back-To-School Survival Kit is making the first months back a little less crazy! Companies like Poppin, Chipotle, SK Energy, Drink Neuro, and Luna sent HC chapters across the country some of their amazing products!  READ MORE

Dear Betty: My Roommate Is Going Through A Breakup

By Alyssa Fiorentino, Olivia Caponigro
September 26, 2013 - 10:04pm

Dear Betty, My roommate and her boyfriend just broke up. She's been really upset about it and I'm not sure what to say or do to make her feel better. Any advice? Sincerely, Tailor Schwifft ----------------------------- Dear Tailor, READ MORE

I Interned for a Fellow Fordham Student!

By Alyssa Fiorentino
September 19, 2013 - 12:55am

This summer I had the unique opportunity of interning for a fellow Fordham student. I completed a remote internship with The Smart Girls Group, a network founded and run by GSB sophomore Emily Raleigh! READ MORE

I Won A Trip To The 2013 VMA's

By Nicole Chaux
September 6, 2013 - 8:25pm

READ MORE

My Roommate's Dilemma: Surviving A LDR This Summer

By Alyssa Fiorentino
May 6, 2013 - 9:06pm

You’ve finally reached the end of spring semester, and you’re trying to make it through finals in one piece; but something else has got you stressed these days.  After a year full of romantic hiccups you’ve finally found the “right” guy for you, but there’s a catch. You both agree that you want to begin an exclusive relationship, but summer is fast approaching and you live hours apart from each other. You, like many other college students, are facing the challenge of having a long-distance summer romance. You’re probably wondering if it can even work out, and how you will find time to talk with your busy summer schedules; but before you get discouraged, listen to the advice I gave my roommate when she was in this situation....