Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Fordham Blog

All I Want For Christmas is a Good G.P.A....

By Alyssa Fiorentino
December 6, 2013 - 11:50pm

READ MORE

Get Confident With American Laser Skincare

By Fordham Contributor
November 21, 2013 - 4:10pm

When you look in a mirror, do you like what you see? Or do you just get distracted by little flaws? READ MORE

Holidays Abroad and How to Beat Homesickness

By Alexandra Horne
November 20, 2013 - 4:14pm

Being abroad during the holidays can bring on definite feelings of homesickness. However, it is also an opportunity to see how other countries compare to the United States when it comes to things like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Of course, Thanksgiving is an American holiday, however my program (CIEE) is holding a big dinner for all of us kids on that Thursday night. We’ll be served traditional Thanksgiving turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, you name it! We’ll also be able to drink (I already throw up from all the food on Thanksgiving so here's one more reason)! Rumor has it, it’s one of the most bittersweet nights of the entire trip. It begins the three week countdown to returning to the United States, which is both exciting and extremely depressing....

I Attended The Youtube Music Awards & MTV EMA Live Show!

By Nicole Chaux
November 15, 2013 - 3:49pm

After I attended the MTV VMA’s, I made it a personal mission of mine to take advantage of as many free NYC events as possible. After all, what’s better than attending cool TV/music shows for free? READ MORE

Abroad the Alicante Way

By Alexandra Horne
November 5, 2013 - 9:00pm

Making the decision to go abroad can certainly be difficult. Living in a different country away from your family and friends for four months is daunting and overwhelming. I had always thought about going abroad, but when the time came to actually go, my nerves were uncontrollable. Especially because I chose a program that wasn’t very popular at Fordham. I decided to spend my time abroad in Alicante, a small beach town in the south of Spain. I was going with not one other student from Fordham which made the journey that much harder, but halfway through my time here, I feel as though I made the best decision possible. It might be hard to apply to programs that aren’t popular at FU, but I can only say that I have had the greatest experience....

Carly's Halloween Playlist

By Carly Morrison
October 30, 2013 - 8:37pm

If there's one thing I love, it's music. If there's a second thing I love, it's Halloween. That's why I've concocted the perfect playlist for Halloweekend 2013. Whether you need some tunes to get ready to, or a soundtrack for your Halloween party, I've got you covered. From Shewolf to the Monster Mash, these songs are sure to get you spooked.  1. Thriller - Michael Jackson 2. Alien - Katy Perry READ MORE

Dear Betty: I'm Homesick

By Lindsay Bukowski
October 23, 2013 - 8:36pm

Dear Betty, I’m from California, so the only thing that was missing from Family weekend was my family.  I love Fordham but sometimes the distance makes me question taking that 3,000 ft. trip across the country.  What do I do? Sincerely, California Dreaming   ----------------------------   Dear California, READ MORE

I Went To Comic Con!

By Yasmin Sahra
October 17, 2013 - 11:54pm

Have you ever gazed up at the night sky in complete awe just marveling at the tiny specks of stars?  You know there’s a whole universe out there waiting to be explored, but all you can do is look up and daydream about its faraway secrets.  Well, that’s what it feels like being a superhero nerd deep in the heart of Texas.  While everyone else talked about the latest football game I’d shut myself in my room, wrap myself up in my Justice League blanket, and dream of comic con.  As soon as I set my sights on Fordham, my dreams were finally coming true.  I have no shame in admitting I purchased my tickets even before enrolling in school.  As October drew closer and closer, my excitement grew. READ MORE

I Saw My Favorite Artist Perform For Free!

By Carly Morrison
October 11, 2013 - 4:39pm

John Mayer is my favorite musical artist of all time, and when I found out that he was going to be performing at a free festival in Central Park, I had to find a way to go. Unfortunately I had become really busy with school work and totally forgot to look into getting festival tickets. I had pretty much lost all hope, until one of my roommates told me that her friend won tickets and had an extra few the day before the festival. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity to go. READ MORE

HC Back-To-School Survival Kit Is A Lifesaver!

By Alyssa Fiorentino
October 4, 2013 - 5:07pm

Back to school at Fordham means back to long study sessions in Walsh library, hectic schedules filled with core classes, and the sounds of the city that never sleeps keeping you company all night. Luckily for us here at Her Campus Fordham, the Her Campus Back-To-School Survival Kit is making the first months back a little less crazy! Companies like Poppin, Chipotle, SK Energy, Drink Neuro, and Luna sent HC chapters across the country some of their amazing products!  READ MORE