Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Fordham Blog

I'm Turning 21 Before All Of My Friends...

By Olivia Caponigro
February 13, 2014 - 6:28pm

I'm getting pretty excited to turn 21. Who wouldn't be excited about that? But there is one thing that's kind of raining on my parade. I'm turning 21 before all of my friends. Instead of dwelling on all the con's to being the first one to have their 21st birthday (it's tough to plan a birthday celebration if all of your BFFs are underage), I've been thinking of some of the pro's.  1. I won't be the last straggler left behind. 2. I can live it up at everyone else's 21st birthdays, no worries. READ MORE

My Roommate's Dilemma: We're On Again-Off-Again #Always

By Alyssa Fiorentino
February 8, 2014 - 8:14pm

So you're on-again, off-again all the time? My roommate's been there and done that and I've got some advice for you.  The reason you're on and off so much is because you're both not sure where you stand. In the early stages of a relationship it's pretty easy to get scared and run off, so anything new or different that isn't what you expected could spark an on-off series. You want to avoid this, because it's incredibly annoying. READ MORE

If Justin Bieber Went To Fordham...

By Alyssa Fiorentino, Olivia Caponigro
February 1, 2014 - 5:27pm

It's tough to see the once innocent and baby-faced Justin Bieber getting into all this trouble. Actually, it's not that hard to believe but it still kind of sucks. If you ask us (and probably anyone else for that matter) he's spiraling out of control because he's a young kid with too much money and freedom. But what if the Biebs was just a regular kid like us? What if he went to Fordham... READ MORE

Dear Betty: I Want to Be More Involved On Campus

By Lindsay Bukowski
January 25, 2014 - 12:48pm

Dear Betty, In the spirit of the new year, my resolution is to join more clubs and be more active on campus.  But since it's second semester I don't even know if there's anything open for me to join.  I really want to get the full Fordham experience, is there any way for me to get more involved this semester? Sincerely, New Years Blues   ----------------------------   Dear New Years Blues, READ MORE

HC Fordham Loves Garnier's Volume Extend!

By Alyssa Fiorentino
December 20, 2013 - 1:38pm

Did finals have you pulling your hair out? Us too! But no worries, thanks to Garnier's amazing Volume Extend shampoo and conditioner, your hair can totally bounce back from finals week wear and tear.  READ MORE

Christmas Cookies: Peanut Butter Blossoms!

By Aislinn Keenan
December 16, 2013 - 12:20pm

With the lights twinkling and Christmas music playing in the background, you can’t help but want to settle down by the fire with a hot cup of cocoa and some yummy cookies! Instead of the traditional chocolate chip (sorry Santa!) why not try another recipe? Hershey's Peanut Butter Blossoms perhaps? These are by far my favorite cookies, and every year I make them with my dad. And they’re really simple! Here’s how you make them! Ingredients READ MORE

I Performed at Madison Square Garden!

By Stephanie Criscione
December 11, 2013 - 3:43pm

New York City is a dancer’s Mecca.  Between Broadway and the various dance troupes centered in the city, you can find somewhere that the style you are best at is being performed.  My best style has always been sassy performance jazz, so here at Fordham, I found my home on the Fordham Dance Team.  We perform at football games, as well as the men’s and women’s basketball games (mostly home).  This past weekend, we had the opportunity to cheer and dance at an away game held at Madison Square Garden for men’s basketball against St. John’s. READ MORE

All I Want For Christmas is a Good G.P.A....

By Alyssa Fiorentino
December 6, 2013 - 11:50pm

READ MORE

Get Confident With American Laser Skincare

By Fordham Contributor
November 21, 2013 - 4:10pm

When you look in a mirror, do you like what you see? Or do you just get distracted by little flaws? READ MORE

Holidays Abroad and How to Beat Homesickness

By Alexandra Horne
November 20, 2013 - 4:14pm

Being abroad during the holidays can bring on definite feelings of homesickness. However, it is also an opportunity to see how other countries compare to the United States when it comes to things like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Of course, Thanksgiving is an American holiday, however my program (CIEE) is holding a big dinner for all of us kids on that Thursday night. We’ll be served traditional Thanksgiving turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, you name it! We’ll also be able to drink (I already throw up from all the food on Thanksgiving so here's one more reason)! Rumor has it, it’s one of the most bittersweet nights of the entire trip. It begins the three week countdown to returning to the United States, which is both exciting and extremely depressing....