Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Fordham Blog

Dear Betty: I Want to Be More Involved On Campus

By Lindsay Bukowski
January 25, 2014 - 12:48pm

Dear Betty, In the spirit of the new year, my resolution is to join more clubs and be more active on campus.  But since it's second semester I don't even know if there's anything open for me to join.  I really want to get the full Fordham experience, is there any way for me to get more involved this semester? Sincerely, New Years Blues   ----------------------------   Dear New Years Blues, READ MORE

HC Fordham Loves Garnier's Volume Extend!

By Alyssa Fiorentino
December 20, 2013 - 1:38pm

Did finals have you pulling your hair out? Us too! But no worries, thanks to Garnier's amazing Volume Extend shampoo and conditioner, your hair can totally bounce back from finals week wear and tear.  Garnier believes that everyone has natural beauty. Where does this natural beauty come from? According to the experts at Garnier, natural beauty stems from happiness and taking care of yourself! Thanks to 200 generous samples of Garnier Fructis Volume Extend shampoo and conditioner, HC Fordham is totally taking care after a tough finals week! READ MORE

Christmas Cookies: Peanut Butter Blossoms!

By Aislinn Keenan
December 16, 2013 - 12:20pm

With the lights twinkling and Christmas music playing in the background, you can’t help but want to settle down by the fire with a hot cup of cocoa and some yummy cookies! Instead of the traditional chocolate chip (sorry Santa!) why not try another recipe? Hershey's Peanut Butter Blossoms perhaps? These are by far my favorite cookies, and every year I make them with my dad. And they’re really simple! Here’s how you make them! Ingredients READ MORE

I Performed at Madison Square Garden!

By Stephanie Criscione
December 11, 2013 - 3:43pm

New York City is a dancer’s Mecca.  Between Broadway and the various dance troupes centered in the city, you can find somewhere that the style you are best at is being performed.  My best style has always been sassy performance jazz, so here at Fordham, I found my home on the Fordham Dance Team.  We perform at football games, as well as the men’s and women’s basketball games (mostly home).  This past weekend, we had the opportunity to cheer and dance at an away game held at Madison Square Garden for men’s basketball against St. John’s. READ MORE

All I Want For Christmas is a Good G.P.A....

By Alyssa Fiorentino
December 6, 2013 - 11:50pm

READ MORE

Get Confident With American Laser Skincare

By Fordham Contributor
November 21, 2013 - 4:10pm

When you look in a mirror, do you like what you see? Or do you just get distracted by little flaws? READ MORE

Holidays Abroad and How to Beat Homesickness

By Alexandra Horne
November 20, 2013 - 4:14pm

Being abroad during the holidays can bring on definite feelings of homesickness. However, it is also an opportunity to see how other countries compare to the United States when it comes to things like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Of course, Thanksgiving is an American holiday, however my program (CIEE) is holding a big dinner for all of us kids on that Thursday night. We’ll be served traditional Thanksgiving turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, you name it! We’ll also be able to drink (I already throw up from all the food on Thanksgiving so here's one more reason)! Rumor has it, it’s one of the most bittersweet nights of the entire trip. It begins the three week countdown to returning to the United States, which is both exciting and extremely depressing....

I Attended The Youtube Music Awards & MTV EMA Live Show!

By Nicole Chaux
November 15, 2013 - 3:49pm

After I attended the MTV VMA’s, I made it a personal mission of mine to take advantage of as many free NYC events as possible. After all, what’s better than attending cool TV/music shows for free? READ MORE

Abroad the Alicante Way

By Alexandra Horne
November 5, 2013 - 9:00pm

Making the decision to go abroad can certainly be difficult. Living in a different country away from your family and friends for four months is daunting and overwhelming. I had always thought about going abroad, but when the time came to actually go, my nerves were uncontrollable. Especially because I chose a program that wasn’t very popular at Fordham. I decided to spend my time abroad in Alicante, a small beach town in the south of Spain. I was going with not one other student from Fordham which made the journey that much harder, but halfway through my time here, I feel as though I made the best decision possible. It might be hard to apply to programs that aren’t popular at FU, but I can only say that I have had the greatest experience....

Carly's Halloween Playlist

By Carly Morrison
October 30, 2013 - 8:37pm

If there's one thing I love, it's music. If there's a second thing I love, it's Halloween. That's why I've concocted the perfect playlist for Halloweekend 2013. Whether you need some tunes to get ready to, or a soundtrack for your Halloween party, I've got you covered. From Shewolf to the Monster Mash, these songs are sure to get you spooked.  1. Thriller - Michael Jackson 2. Alien - Katy Perry READ MORE