A Perfect Day in the Botans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

A not-so-hidden gem right outside of Fordham’s campus is the Botanical Gardens. During the cold months, it’s not super appealing to walk around outside for an hour, BUT now that spring is here, there was perfect weather for a nice stroll with a friend this week. For the first time, I decided to turn left when I walked in rather than right, and I’m so glad I did! I saw the conservatory and sat by the beautiful fountain in front of the library. We also got a peek at the newly renovated restaurant Hudson Garden Grill which is definitely on next year’s bucket list.

Remember the grounds of the Botans (everything except special exhibits) are ALWAYS free if you show your Fordham ID!   

Olivia is a junior at Fordham University. She is a Communications major from bright and sunny Southern California, but the East Coast is her second home. She actually does love long walks on the beach, but she also loves being a friend, sister, daughter, and aunt. Most importantly, she hopes her articles make you feel happy.
Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.