element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

NYC’s Greatest Markets For Holiday Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

The Holiday season is finally here! Luckily, New York City is one of the best places for holiday related shopping and activities. There are tons of markets that offer the most unique items that will make perfect gifts. Checking out these markets will guarantee that you’ll be the best gift giver this holiday season.

(photo via @artistsandfleas) 

Artists and Fleas

SoHo, 568 Broadway at Prince St.

Artists and Fleas has markets in Williamsburg, Chelsea Market, and Soho. My favorite location is at their Soho space, and I always love stopping in to see what’s new. The vendors at Artists and Fleas sell items such as art, vintage pieces, fashion, jewelry, homegoods, hobby items, and food. Each Artists and Fleas market has unique, special vendors and you’ll be sure to a cute gift for anyone.

Etsy Holiday Handmade Cavalcade

NoHo, 684 Broadway, corner of Great Jones

If you want to buy a gift, and play it off like you made it yourself, then this is the market to go to. The Etsy Holiday Cavalcade features over 50 different crafters featuring all homemade trinkets goods. Be on the the first 100 shoppers on the weekend, and you’ll get a free goody bag from the vendors and sponsors. If you want to have a boozy shopping experience, visit this market on Thursday, when they hot a Sip n Shop event with Brooklyn Brewery.

Renegade Craft Fair

Industry City, Brooklyn, 220 36th St

This craft fair is the world’s largest curated showcase of independent craft and design. It was founded in Chicago, but they hold fairs year long all over the world. There are hundreds of artists, in addition, to food, drinks, and music. It’s a great way to support new and emerging small businesses, and you’ll be able to find the perfect gift for whoever is on you holiday list this year.

Grand Central Holiday Fair

Grand Central Terminal, Vanderbilt Hall (42nd St. and Park Ave.)

The Grand Central Holiday Fair is a great place to shop because it is only a metro north ride away for us Fordham students. Visiting this market just to see how beautiful it is, is a treat itself, if you aren’t looking to buy anything. The Holiday Fair Committee spends the off season searching for unique vendors who focus on American-made and handmade products with locally-sourced materials.

The Winter Village at Bryant Park

Bryant Park, 41 W 40th St between Sixth and Fifth Avenues

This is probably New York City’s most well known holiday marketplaces. In addition to 150 holiday shops, there are also treats, eateries, and a free ice skating rink at the Bryant Park Winter Village. This is a great, festive place to visit during the holidays because there is so much to do other than shop— you might even have to visit multiple times to cover the whole village!

Union Square Holiday Market

Union Square Park, between 14th and 15th Streets

Another New York City classic holiday market is located at Union Square. You know the holiday season has arrived when this marketplace pops up. There are over 150 local and national vendors bearing incredible handmade gifts that are affordable for any budget. It is outdoors, so remember to bundle up, or get a fresh nutella crepe from one of their vendors to really warm you up.

Christina Avianto is a senior at Fordham University majoring in communication and culture and minoring in digital technology and emerging media.