Nasty Gal Opens First Retail Store

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

What a joyous day for all fashionistas alike! Nasty Gal opened the doors of its first ever retail store located in downtown Los Angeles, at 8115 Melrose Ave. The store offers a large selection of shoes, apparel, intimates, accessories, tech and gifting, along with vintage pieces, and will be updated with new arrivals multiple times a week. A shoe salon, magazine library, and live cactus garden is also featured in the store, and we expect nothing less for a store in the heart of Hollywood.

30-year-old founder, and self-proclaimed chief troublemaker of the global shopping destination, Sophia Amoruso can add this on the list of all the accomplishments and #GirlBoss things she has ever done. What started as her small vintage-selling eBay shop, Amoruso created the startup that raised up to $49 million and what became a favorite e-tailer for many fashionistas–Nasty Gal. She then published her memoir #GIRLBOSS (the much more millennial Lean In), in which she became a best-selling author earlier this year. Now, having what used to be just a small online shop turn into physical, retail store is a dream for Amoruso. All this worked out despite the fact she has never worked in fashion or retail before, and what caused it is her never-ending ambition and attitude that went far beyond just the thought of an online retailer.  She’s not kidding… she’s a #GirlBoss and she knows it.

If NastyGal Melrose works out well, fingers-crossed for a one in New York City, Fordham fashionistas (and current/future #GirlBosses)! 

Photo Courtesy: Nasty Gal