This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

This Saturday I’m going to my boyfriend’s cousins wedding.  AKA I’m meeting his whole family. Eek. So, to calm my nerves and make sure my hair would be on point, I ventured to the Drybar on the Upper West Side, just a few blocks north of the Lincoln Center campus! The storefront is tucked away on 71st between Columbus and Central Park West, and while the inside looks narrow, it has a huge backspace for the washroom and more stylists! I went for the Cosmopolitan, thinking curls would be the classy look I needed.  I checked in for my 5:30 appointment, and right on time my stylist came to get me.

Drybar has three different types of shampoo and conditioner to choose from during your wash (I went with the nourishing Sake Bomb), and each style has a myriad of products specifically used for it.  The blowout was fast.  By the time she was done I was only halfway through flipping through the February issue of Glamour and Bridesmaids had only gotten to the dress-shopping scene.  My stylist knew I needed the style to hold until the next night, so she purposely sprayed my hair with firmer hold hairspray, and recommended the shimmer soda for the next day and my personal use, which I am excited to try.

I definitely recommend Drybar, whether you have a special occasion coming up or you just need a day to go into the city, get some Chipotle (I did, there’s one on Amsterdam between 72nd and 73rd), relax and feel fabulous.  My only regret? I got peppermint tea instead of champagne when they offered me a drink!

A senior in FCRH, Stephanie is a double major in Political Science and American Studies. She is from Eastchester NY, which is about 20 minutes away from Fordham. She is involved in the Fordham Dance Team, is a Secretary of the Residence Hall Association board, New Student Orientation, and various other clubs.