Mixing Business & Pleasure: Meet Bradly Florio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Bradly Florio, known endearingly as B-Flo to many, transferred to Fordham University from Molloy College ready to get down to business- literally. He studied at the London School of Economics as well, and is majoring in Finance here at Fordham. He is also on the crew team and is taking advantage of all Fordham has to offer to fully enjoy his next few years here. Driven, charismatic and well-rounded, Brad is a fantastic addition to the Fordham community. 

Where are you from? I am from Long Island (Massapequa Park), NY.

What year are you? I’m currently a Junior. 

What is your major? My major at Fordham is Finance- with  concentration in Value Investing. 

How did you decide to come to Fordham? I gave a great deal of thought to which school I would attend when I was transferring. Ultimately, I came to Fordham because I wanted to be near New York City, yet still be at a school with a lush campus. Not to mention, I wanted the school to have a strong business program. These parameters truly made Fordham stand out.

What activities are you involved in? I am involved in various business related clubs such as the Investment Banking Society, the Finance Society and the Economic Society. I also joined crew this year!

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? My best advice for students trying to balance multiple activities is to write everything down. It sounds simple, but having everything written down by the day that it is happening allows you to plan and mentally prepare ahead of time. Thus, when you need to tackle a big day you know exactly what is happening when, and how to best approach your workload. 

Dream job? After school, I want to work as an Investment Banker, in Mergers and Acquisitions. 

What’s on your NYC bucket list? My NYC bucket list is constantly growing. I love spending time in the city and while I was growing up I was fortunate to visit many great places. Currently, I am looking to go to Roosevelt Island, United Nations, Escape the Room and the 9/11 Memorial. 

What is on your Fordham bucket list? At Fordham. my bucket list includes traveling with friends to an away athletic game and working orientation next year. 

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? My favorite class thus far at Fordham is Financial Management.

Most embarrassing moment at Fordham so far? Well…Hughes Hall has automatic sliding glass doors. When I first came to Fordham, I did not realize that on Sunday’s the building is closed. That being said, I was briskly walking in and practically walked into the glass doors, expecting them to open. Thankfully, no other students were around to witness this-however I am now telling you this for everyone to read. 

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? My favorite spot on campus is at the fountain between Hughes and Dealy. 

Favorite Quote? “Never let the fear of striking out get in your way”-Babe Ruth 

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? Many people, even my friends are surprised to know that I love to read.

Pick one! 

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Botanical Gardens 

Arthur Ave or Fordham Road? Arthur Ave

Cafeteria or Grille? Grille

RamVan or Subway? Subway

Met or MoMA? MoMA

Hot Dog or Bagel? Hot Dog 

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? Radio City 

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park