Mike Figueroa, FCLC ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name: Mike Figueroa

School & Year: FCLC ‘17

Major: I am currently a comparative literature major but I’m going to switch to English, with a minor in music.

Dream job? Writing for something that involves the arts.

Where are you from?  Monroe, N.Y.

How are you involved in campus? I’ve been involved with the orientation team since sophomore year. I’m also involved with the Lincoln Center Society and I give tours on Mondays. I’m also co-president of Fordham’s Choir and I’m in the F#s.

Why did you join the F#s? I’ve always loved singing and I’ve always had a dream of competing in the ICCA. (The F#s competed at The Varsity Vocals International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella on February 27, 2016 at Hofstra University. Although they did not place, they still performed well.)

Single or Taken: Single.

Favorite song/ favorite artist: Florence + the Machine is my favorite artist. My favorite song would probably be Never Let Me Go by them.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? I’m experiencing heart pain choosing between pizza and spaghetti.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Honduras, because my father is from Honduras and I can only crudely speak the language.

Who would play you in a movie of your life? Before I got the haircut, I would say Adam Driver.

Truth or Dare? Dare, but if you are looking to publicly humiliate me you’re a little too late.

When and where are you most happy? I would say quiet late nights hanging out in the dorms with my friends because I’m surrounded by people that I know and trust and it’s just very good vibes.

Favorite thing about Fordham? I guess I really like the interconnectedness of everything. It caters to everything because you have your Lincoln Center campus in the city and then you have Rose Hill and it’s like Hogwarts. You get some great experiences out of the classes you take here.

Miranda is a commuter junior at Fordham's Lincoln Center campus, where she majors in English and minors in psychology, and is a commuter freshman mentor. Born and raised in New Jersey, she loves everything about the garden state, from the endless highways to the excess of diners. She's an aspiring writer and hopes to have a career as a director for first year experience at a university someday.