Lord & Taylor Holiday Window Unveiling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Last Thursday, on a chilly night in Manhattan, the Lord & Taylor flagship store unveiled its holiday window display. This event celebrated the 100th anniversary of the Fifth Avenue store, and was very well attended. Though, the reason that people came out in the hundreds for the event might not have been the window display… but rather for the performance by Nick Jonas. *Squeals*. 

His performance started at 6PM, following an introduction from the President of Lord & Taylor, Liz Rodbell. The stage was set up outside the store in order to use the newly-unveiled windows as a backdrop for his sultry set. Performing two tracks from his new self-titled album, “Chains” and “Jealous,” Nick brought the heat, making everyone forget (momentarily) that it was pouring rain. Following his new songs, Nick performed two Christmas classics. First, he did “Jingle Bell Rock,” and then “I’ll Be Home For Christmas.” I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house (street) after he was done with “I’ll Be Home For Christmas,” it was beyond perfect. 

After leaving the stage, everyone was told Nick would be doing a 45-minute meet and greet inside. We watched as Nick took photos with Liz Rodbell, and various girls who had lined up hours in advance (and they missed the performance… #Dedication). It reminded me of Jonas Brothers concerts with girls sporting homemade “Marry Me Nick” t-shirts…The one difference being that now the Nick we all wanna marry is a GOD. (Sidenote: there were literal 5-year-olds meeting him… Were you even alive when “S.O.S.” happened????) Nick has grown so much since the curly-haired, purity ring-wearing days, and this is only the beginning for him. If you haven’t listened to his album yet, you should probably get on that ASAP because it will change you. 

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.