Learning More About Lorena Canicatti

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

From scoring goals on the soccer field to making the grade in class, Lorena Canicatti is an all star. Don’t let her ability to compete athletically at the college level fool you; she is one of the nicest girl you will meet at Fordham. Balancing sports and academics is no easy fete, but her ability to pull this off makes Lorena someone you would definitely want on your team. We sat down with our favorite midfielder to find out more about her Fordham experience. 

Where are you from? Queens, NY

What year are you? Senior

What is your major? Accounting

What activities are you involved in? Fordham women’s soccer team, Beta Alpha Psi, and Strive for College volunteer program

How did you decide to come to Fordham? I was drawn to the opportunity of receiving a scholarship to play soccer at a division 1 school known for its great academic reputation. I also wanted to attend a college that was near home.

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Time management is key. Make sure to prioritize your responsibilities and stay on top of assignments and tasks.

What’s your favorite thing about being a student athlete? Traveling and being able to compete against other schools with my close friends.

What’s your favorite thing about New York? Endless networking and career opportunities.

What’s on your NYC bucket list? Visit the 9/11 Memorial Museum

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Assurance & Auditing

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Professor Themeli

What’s your dream job? Working at a Big Four accounting firm.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? Getting the chance to ring the victory bell after scoring my first two goals of my junior year soccer season.

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? Since I spend a majority of my time on the soccer field, I’d have to say Jack Coffey Field.

If you could relive one year at Fordham which would it be and why? Freshman year. Your college experiences are new and exciting coming in as a freshman.

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? Always remember to be yourself and not conform to what others want to see.

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you?  I’m ambidextrous.

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Bronx Zoo

Arthur Ave or Fordham Road? Arthur Ave

Cafeteria or Grille? Grille

RamVan or Subway? RamVan

Met or MoMA? Met

Hot Dog or Bagel? Bagel

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? Madison Square Garden

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Brooklyn Bridge