I Tried The App Store’s Hottest Fitness Apps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Being college students, we’ve all had to learn how to manage our time. Sometimes, though, priorities vary and some things have to be put on the backburner. For many of us, exercise can be hard to schedule into our daily routines. For those days that you just don’t have time to get to the gym, there are plenty of free fitness apps that you can use from the comfort of your dorm or apartment. I tried a few of the top rated apps, so you don’t have to. 

(giphy) 

1. Nike+ Training Club: this app is super streamlined and easy to use. It helps you create a profile, and gives you workouts based on your activity level and goals. There are a ton of different moves and plans you can complete, and I would definitely recommend for people who like to switch up their workouts. 

2. Sworkit: Sworkit is my personal favorite just because of how customizable it is. Though there are not as many different moves as the Nike app, you can tell the app what you would like to target and how long you have to dedicate to the workout. Sworkit then generates a circuit for you to complete, and includes helpful graphics along the way. Each move only lasts 30 seconds, so it goes quickly and keeps you engaged. 

3. Stryve: Stryve was my least favorite of the apps I tried. I found it limited in variety, and not very customizable to the kind of time and equipment I was willing to put into it. I wouldn’t say I would never use this app again, but it definitely wasn’t a great fit. 

When it comes down to it, it’s all about what you like and what you feel helps to make the most of your workout! 

Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.