This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

This week’s profile is the MVP of HC Fordham, our editor. She’s become not only a mentor to me, but also a close friend. I admire her passion for her work and her drive in everything she does. She gives it her all and holds nothing back. Without a doubt, the world is waiting for her.

Name: Natalie Zisa

Hometown: Englewood Cliffs, NJ

School & Year: FCRH ‘17

Major/Minor: Communications & Media Studies with a concentration in Journalism/Italian

Campus Involvement: Editor of Her Campus Fordham, Lifestyle Editor of Mode Magazine, Outreach Coordinator for Lambda Pi Eta 

1) What has been the most rewarding experience as editor for HCFU? Since I took over I think the most rewarding thing has been publishing content of higher quality and about more serious topics. Also, it’s always rewarding when I see how many people click on our articles or engage with them. It’s good to know that people are reading.

2) What’s your favorite thing about Fordham? This is going to sound really cliche, but I do love the campus. Also, the opportunities that it’s given me. I’ve really grown over my time at Fordham doing things like being editor for Her Campus or bringing Lauren Duca to speak. These are all things I’m really proud of, along with all of the internships I’ve had.

3) Jumping off of that, can you talk a little bit about your internship with New York City Ballet? NYCB was probably one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had as far as internships go. I went to the Fall Gala which was the highlight of my time there. (I met Sarah Jessica Parker!) Also, getting orchestra seats to performances, watching video shoots, it overall increased my appreciation for ballet. Plus, I was really trusted with the work I was given there. 

4) What’s the best part about being 20 minutes from Manhattan? It allows me to go to dance whenever I want to! I’ve been dancing since I was nine years old.

5) What’s your favorite part about dance and your favorite style? My favorite part about dance is performing for sure. If you think about it, everybody likes to dance if they’re going out to a party or a club, so I’m just doing that more often. It’s a great feeling when you hear a song you love and the movement just fits really well with your body. It takes a lot of discipline and hard work, but I don’t see myself stopping anytime soon. And my favorite styles are jazz and contemporary. 

6) Are there any ways your love for writing and dance overlap? Yes! I actually write for a dance magazine. Since last summer, I’ve been a contributing writer for Dance Spirit Magazine so I’ve gotten to interview professional dancers and people that I really look up to.

7) Have you written for any other publications? For the past year, I’ve been writing for the Lala which is an amazing online publication for college and post-grad women. I am definitely most proud of the articles that I published with them. I also wrote for a magazine in New Jersey called BC The Mag and I’ve been apart of Mode Magazine on campus since my freshman year.

8) If you had a song play every time you walked somewhere, what would it be? So I only know this answer from writing previous profiles, but it would be Capsize by Frenship because whenever it comes on I need to listen to it.

9) What’s your favorite TV show to binge watch? Right now I’m watching the Chelsea Show. I’m obsessed with Chelsea Handler and a goal of mine is to interview her. But, for binge watching I would say Friday Night Lights or Parenthood.

10) Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I mean I don’t even know where I’ll be in September…but in 10 years I would like to have accomplished the goals that I’m currently working towards which are to be published in a major women’s magazine or have danced professionally. Oh, I’ll definitely be living in New York.

11) Jeans or leggings? Jeans actually, unless I’m going to dance and they’re Luluemon leggings. 

12) How many piercings do you have and which one is your favorite? Three! It’s between the nose piercing and the helix piercing.

13) Would you ever get a tattoo? Well I want one, but I don’t know if I actually have the guts to go through with it. If I had to get one, it would be on my shoulder and it would say “stronger than yesterday”.

14) What’s your favorite place to eat on Arthur Ave? San Gennaro’s! It’s at the end of Arthur Ave and I always go there with my family when they come to visit. It’s definitely the most authentic Italian place here. 

15) What’s your favorite Fordham memory? *eyeroll* This is bad, but I don’t think I have one.

16) What advice would you give to your freshman year self? If there’s one thing I learned over my time in college it’s that everything happens for a reason and I wish I knew that when I was a freshman. While in that moment it seems like the biggest disapointment, it’s only going to make you stronger. I wouldn’t be the person I am now if I didn’t go through the bad experiences.

Natalie is a senior at Fordham University where she is a Communications major, concentrating in Journalism. She's previously been a Public Relations Intern at Rent the Runway, a Features Editor at Seventeen Magazine, and an Editorial Intern at Dance Spirit Magazine. This semester, she has the opportunity to combine both of her passions, dance and journalism, as a Press Intern at the New York City Ballet. She continues to take class at the infamous, Broadway Dance Center as she hopes to enjoy her senior year to the fullest.