Fordham Football’s Rising Star: Chase Edmonds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Have you met Chase Edmonds yet? If you haven’t you should, because this Fordham Football running back is already breaking records, and he’s only a freshman! Chase is someone you definitely want to pay attention to on the field, so look to number 22 for an amazing performace every time. He was named the MVP of the 2014 Big 33 game, and accrued 2,378 total yards and 25 touchdowns, including 1,984 rushing yards as a senior in high school where he also played basketball. On top of being incredibly talented, Chase embodies the teachings of a Jesuit education because he is a really respectful young man who is humble and genuinely concerned for others. You can even catch him saying a little prayer in the endzone after a touchdown. Here’s a little more about this rising star: 

Where are you from? Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and I went to Central Dauphin East High School.

What year are you? Freshman

What is your major? Undecided

What activities are you involved in? Lots of community service initiatives with the football team. We love to help out.

How did you decide to come to Fordham? For me it was mostly the coaching staff and the football team itself. I also love the city because it was an automatic attraction and it really felt like home to me.

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Don’t procrastinate. Get your work done as soon as possible and make sure to take good notes in class. 

What’s your favorite thing about New York? The diversity of the city and all the awesome attractions.

Do you have a favorite NYC memory? Going to Queens with the team in the summer was really fun.

What’s on your NYC bucket list? Going to the top of the Empire State Building and definitely going to a Yankee game. 

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? Seeing my roommate (Caleb Ham, #31) cry because he was so thirsty (inside joke).

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Invitation to Theater with Professor Mark Greenfield. 

What’s your least favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? English. I love the professor (Sujay Pandit) because I had him in the summer too but I’m terrible at writing. 

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? The Grille for sure. Love the buffalo chicken wrap… with fries.

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? Say hi to me if you see me. Follow me on Twitter @ChaseEdmonds22 and Instagram @ChaseEdmonds24.

What’s your dream job? Play in the NFL, of course. And my favorite team is the Indianapolis Colts.

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? You can freely represent your religion and express it appropriately.

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Professor Pandit from English or Professor Greenfield from Theater. 

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? I’m not as quiet or shy once you get to know me.

What’s one thing that someone not on the team wouldn’t know? I have tattoos. I don’t show them off. 

Who do you think is your toughest opponent on the schedule and why? Villanova by far. Don’t even have to say why. They are very well coached.

What are your predictions for the 2014 Rams? Coach (Joe Moorhead) has taught us not to look that far. We are a very process-oriented team and have to concentrate on the hurdle that’s right in front of us before we look at the others ahead so we won’t trip on the first one. His whole philosophy is based off of winning the day and paying attention to the details. 

Who are you the closest with on the team? There are too many people. I have a whole bunch of big bros on the team that give me advice, help me out, and I know I can talk to them about anything.

What does it feel like to have rushed for 231 yards and 4 touchdowns in just 1 game and be named the Corvias Patriot League Offensive Player and Rookie of the Week as well as Sports Network NCAA FCS Rookie of the Week and the College Sports Madness Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week? I feel very blessed thanks to my LINEMEN and all my teammates who support me.

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? The Bronx Zoo

Arthur Ave/Fordham Road? Arthur Ave.

Cafeteria or Grille? The Grille

Conway or Dr. Jay’s? Dr. Jays

RamVan or Subway? Subway

Met or MoMA?  Never been to either

Hot Dog or Bagel? Hot dog

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? Radio city because of the NFL Draft

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park

Is there anything else that you would like to say to your fellow Rams? Come out to the game on Saturday and show love against Columbia!

Fordham Football will be playing for the Liberty Cup against the Columbia Lions at the Robert K. Kraft Field at Lawrence A. Wien Stadium at Baker Athletics Complex on Saturday, September 20th at 12:30 pm. Fordham Athletics is offering FREE tickets to the game for the first 50 students who stop by the Ticket Office located in the basement of the Rose Hill Gym on Wednesday 9/17 and Thursday 9/18 from 11am-2pm. Students can also purchase tickets for $10 each.

The easiest way to get to the game from Fordham is to take the BX12 Select Bus Service to West 207th Street and Broadway and walk from there. Another option is to take the BX9 bus to West 225th Street and Broadway and walk. To facilitate Google Maps just type in 533 W 218th St, New York, NY.  

I hope to see you all there cheering on our Rams!

Photo courtesy of Fordham Football, Fordhamsports.com

My name is Denisse Garcia and I am a 21-year-old senior at Fordham University. I'm taking on a major in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and secondary concentration in Communications & Media Management. I am a HUGE sports fanatic and love nothing more than the hype of game day. My greatest aspiration in life is to be the CEO or CMO of a major Fortune 500 company or a sports organization :)