Fordham Flava: Hip Hop in Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

We all know Fordham Flava has the hottest dance moves, but they also kill it when it comes to their wardrobe. Did you know they outfit themselves during their showcase? This year’s showcase, Fame and Fortune, focused on our generation’s obsession with technology and social media. So how do you translate that into fashion? Flava opened the showcase with light, pastel colors like pink and white to represent the “innocent” stage of our generation, like when we had tamagotchi and hit clips but before iPhones and apps. 

After a quick costume change, Flava came back on stage looking hot as hell in all black everything. A lot of the girls wore leather leggings or tops with sheer and mesh paneling or cut outs. It felt very Beyoncé “Drunk in Love,” so Flava was well into their tech obsession by the time they dawned these outfits.

Flava also incorporated “ratchet” style made famous by celebs like Rihanna and Miley Cyrus. We snucks backstage and got a peek at what they had in store for this look. 

Who but Flava could pull off all these looks in one show and still kill it on the dance floor? Teach us muggles your ways Flava. 

Last but not least, marketing director/Her Campus Fordham campus celeb Zachary Vaughn looked perfect in his one-of-a-kind “I’m With Flava” sweatshirt. 

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.