Everything You Need To Know About The Nomad Truck

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

My discovery of The Nomad Truck was spontaneous. I had just been rushing from downtown Varick Street to 21st and 5th Ave to run an errand for my internship supervisor. Once that was complete, I was done for the day. My mind was solely on getting home and having dinner, so you could say I wasn’t really ready for some shopping.

I wasn’t sure how legitimate The Nomad Truck was. Would people question if I got on the truck? Was I really the only one intrigued by this? Granted, this was New York, but you never know. Once I decided I actually had time to kill, I took the chance to see what the truck had to offer. I’m always in the market for new clothing and a unique experience to go with it.

Luckily, I made the right decision. The Nomad Truck is essentially a fashion boutique on wheels. Inventory is light; therefore sizes are limited so if you see something, it might be your last chance at it. But that also means every item is handpicked. The truck carries a selection of boho chic pieces plus a variety of locally sourced, handmade jewelry. So basically, you can bet you’ll be among the few wearing their clothing, which is definitely my favorite part about it. Plus the unique concept! Don’t doubt them, they even have fitting rooms. I guess if you can make food trucks a thing, why can’t fashion trucks be trendy, too? The Nomad Truck isn’t the only one of its kind, but it’s definitely one of the first to serve New York. Since its start in April 2013, owner Jessie Goldberg has been featured in the New York Times, Business Insider, Time Out New York, on Good Morning America and NBC New York, just to name a few.

Be sure to follow @thenomadtruck on Instagram or visit their website thenomadtruck.com (where you can also order online) to find out where the truck will be parked that day! If you really want to combine your passion for fashion and a wanderlust lifestyle, the Nomad Truck is hiring! It has to be exciting to know not many people will be able to put that on their resume. 

Natalie is a senior at Fordham University where she is a Communications major, concentrating in Journalism. She's previously been a Public Relations Intern at Rent the Runway, a Features Editor at Seventeen Magazine, and an Editorial Intern at Dance Spirit Magazine. This semester, she has the opportunity to combine both of her passions, dance and journalism, as a Press Intern at the New York City Ballet. She continues to take class at the infamous, Broadway Dance Center as she hopes to enjoy her senior year to the fullest.