Dear Betty: I’m Not Going Anywhere For Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Dear Betty,

I’m excited about having a week off over Spring Break but I don’t have any fun plans. A lot of people are going on vacation to somewhere warm and I’m worried about being stuck at home and bored. What can I do to keep myself occupied all week?

Sincerely,

Brooke Bored

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Brooke,

Come on girl, there are so many things you can do over break to keep yourself entertained. Visit your friends and family who you probably haven’t seen in a while. If none of your friends have the same break, go visit them for a weekend and see what parties are like at their school. You can also justify a shopping trip (and splurge) because Spring is officially on it’s way and who doesn’t need new Spring clothes? Speaking of clothes, this is the perfect time to clean out your closet, or your whole room for that matter, and get rid of things you don’t need. That’s a project that will take plenty of time, trust me. You’ll feel twice as refreshed if you donate the clothes to charity. My last suggestion would be to do something productive with your time, like working out or making a cute DIY decoration to bring back to your dorm or apartment. Don’t worry about other people and their vacays; you’re saving money and taking time to actually relax, and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

Best,

Betty

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.