The Dean’s List: February 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Well, it’s that time of year again. Valentine’s Day has crept up on us but we hope you’re feeling the love this month. Whether Cupid has got you up or down, there’s a lot to get you excited about February.  

Trends 

Coated Denim: It’s not quite time to bring out your pastels and brights, but we know you’re worried about keeping your denim current. While it’s still winter your best bet to defy boring denim is to try a pair of coated skinnies. The coating adds a little extra shine for a slick leathery look, perfect for a night out.

Movies

Safe Haven: It wouldn’t be February without a Nicholas Sparks blockbuster in theaters. This Valentine’s Day Safe Haven starring Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel is a perfect date idea; this Nicholas Sparks love story is a romantic thriller, so even your guy can enjoy it. If you’re solo this month, make it a girl’s night because Safe Haven is February’s must-see movie.

Beautiful Creatures: for those of you who are trying to avoid anything overly romantic this month, Beautiful Creatures is the movie for you. Also set for a Valentine’s Day release, this movie offers a sci-fi romance, with magic and mysterious family secrets to twist and turn the plot. Is this the next Twilight? Guess we’ll have to watch to find out!

Celebrity News

2013 has been a big year for Beyoncé already, and it’s only just begun. With two big performances, at the Presidential Inauguration and the Superbowl XLVII halftime show, already under her belt this year, Beyoncé keeps rolling out the news. For the first time in nine years Beyoncé will perform at the Brit Awards, and rumor has it she will be unleashing new music on the crowd. That being said, anticipation is high for her fifth studio album, which is rumored to be released this April. As if that weren’t enough, Beyoncé fans can also look forward to an HBO documentary, as well as a reunion with the ladies of Destiny’s Child. Safe to say Beyoncé is BACK!

The March issue of Cosmopolitan hit stands this month and gracing the cover is none other than Miley Cyrus. Rachel Zoe styled Miley’s cover look, a Roberto Cavalli blazer, with nothing underneath. Well, she’s just being Miley. Her interview with the mag has caused a slew of rumors that she and fiancé Liam Hemsworth have already tied the knot! If this is true, then all of us disappointed by the secret wedding have a new album to possibly look forward to. Miley has been tweeting and instagraming pics from the studio!

Hottie

Nicholas Hoult: if you saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 then chances are you saw the trailer for Summit’s newest sci-fi romance Warm Bodies. In theaters now, this one looks like it will be the perfect mix of romance, comedy, and zombies. Is it just us or is Theresa Palmer a blonde K-Stew? Anyways, Warm Bodies star Nicholas Hoult is making the Dean’s List as February Hottie because he makes an adorable zombie. Oh, did we mention he has a British accent and baby blue eyes? That too.

What’s out: Holiday drinks at Starbucks

What’s in: Chocolate covered strawberries at Palumbo’s

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.