A Day in the Life of Dom Lasorsa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

When it comes to getting the most out of your college experience, Dom Lasorsa sets the bar high. From big games to annual dances, you’ll find Dom at them all, spreading his Fordham spirit. That is of course, when he’s not contributing his talents to campus organizations such as the United Student Government. Read more about this ram-to-remember below. 

Name: Domenick Lasorsa

Where are you from? Cape Cod, Massachusetts           

What year are you? 2015

What is your major? International Political Economy and Latin American and Latino Studies

What activities are you involved in? I am a senator for FCRH on United Student Government, the president of Fordham Fanatics, and a Social Justice Leader.

How did you decide to come to Fordham? I decided to come to Fordham because of the great academic programs, but mostly I wanted to be in NYC.

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Balance is really important, so I would tell them to try and focus on their commitments but also don’t forget to focus on school, and make sure to leave some time for relaxing. 

What’s your favorite thing about New York? That there are so many things to do, you will never run out of new places to visit.

Do you have a favorite NYC memory? My favorite memory is probably going to a concert right on the Hudson River in August.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? I have loved all of the Fordham sporting events, especially winning the Patriot League in football this year.

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? The area in between Hughes and Dealy.

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? Get involved on campus and make sure to make the most of your time here at Fordham.

What’s your dream job? Working for the Boston Red Sox as their connection to non-profit organizations.

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? The dedication to providing students with education in a variety of different subjects.

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Brandon Pecoraro

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? I have moved 9 times, and lived in 7 different states!

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Bronx zoo

Arthur Ave/Fordham Road? Arthur Ave

Cafeteria or Grille? Cafeteria

RamVan or Subway? Subway

Met or MoMA? Met

Hot Dog or Bagel? Hot Dog

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? MSG

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Brooklyn Bridge 

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.