pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Carrying a Tune with Frankie Caruana

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Name:
Frankie Caruana 

Hometown
Sparkill, New York

School and Year:
FCRH 2016

What is your major?
Chemistry

What responsibilities do you have being the Music Director of the Ramblers?
As music director I make almost all of the music decisions, like which songs we’re going to sing for the semester and all that. Then I have to arrange and teach the songs, and also choose which songs to sing at each event and in which order, etc. But it’s not a solo job, I definitely get a lot of help from the other guys in the group with song decisions and what they want to sing, so there’s a balance. The best part of the position, though, is watching your arrangement become something new when the group does it. You think to yourself as you’re writing the music, “I want this part to sound like this,” and then when the group sings it, it has a different sound that’s often better than you imagined.

If you had to describe the Ramblers in three words, what would they be?
Male. Singers. Handsome. 

What’s your favorite memory from your time with the Ramblers?
I have so many! I love how we get recruited to do these completely random events like singing at a tailgate to fellow students for their birthday, or singing at a Christmas party for Fordham alums in their beautiful NYC apartments (and get paid for it!). But the best memory is definitely the feeling we all had on the stage at ICCA’s 3 years ago when we won the first round. It was the perfect affirmation of all the hard work we had been putting in, and felt so good to have participated in something official and have succeeded.

How else are you involved on campus?
I was an orientation captain for New Student Orientation and am a Pre-Health mentor. I also am going on a GO! trip this semester (to Glenmary), and doing a few intramurals. But honestly, Ramblers takes up most of my time.

Who is your favorite superhero?
Captain America.

If you could pick 3 celebrities to be your entourage, who would they be?
Anna Kendrick, Harry Styles, and Leslie Nielson (R.I.P.).

What is a surprising fact about you?
I make my own hot sauces in my spare time.

Favorite movie?
Hot Fuzz!

What’s your biggest fear?
I guess volcanic eruptions… Those are pretty big.

What would the theme song of a reality show about you be?
Something by One Direction

What cheesy pick-up line always makes you laugh?
Me: “Want to make out and get some pizza?”
Her: “No.”
Me: “Yeah I didn’t want pizza anyways.”

Do you have any advice for your fellow Rams?
Make a bucket list of stuff to do before you graduate! I finally made one and it’s basically a list of all the stupid, difficult, and entertaining activities I can attempt to complete during my spare time while the semesters zoom by.

Good luck with the rest of your senior year, Frankie! 
Lauren is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a degree in Journalism and Political Science. With a career goal of being a broadcast journalist, she is spending time interning at networks such as NBC and FOX. Hobbies include writing for Her Campus and singing in Fordham's all-female a cappella group, the Satin Dolls, as well as drinking too much coffee, listening to far too many boy bands, and watching Buzzfeed Tasty videos one after another.