6 Fordham Food Spots If You’re Staying For Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

If you’re stuck at Fordham for Thanksgiving, there’s no need to stress.  This holiday is all about gaining ten pounds in one sitting, and the Bronx has a lot to offer when it comes to delicious food that may or may not clog your arteries.  It’s time to throw your diet’s strict rules out the window because here’s our list of some local dishes that might just rival your grandma’s sweet potato casserole.

1. Chicken Roll from Pugsley’s

I think this one is self-explanatory.  These are every Fordham students’ kryptonite.  One of these beauties will have you forgetting all about turkey.  Who needs stuffing when you can have all that melty, cheesy goodness?

2. Quesadillas and Freshly-Made Guac from Estrellita’s

There is no better combo than cheese and guacamole.  If you think there is, then I’m sorry but you’ve been living a lie.  Guac is the ultimate side dish so do yourself a favor and order a bowl or five.

3. Classic Burger from the Bronx Beer Hall

This one is a must.  Beer Hall makes one of the best burgers in the history of the world, and if you’re having your own feast then this one definitely makes the list.  Throw in a pint of pumpkin ale if you’re feeling festive.

4. All American Sandwich from Tino’s

The name says it all.  Because Thanksgiving is an All American holiday, grab your bald eagle and your American flag cape and take a huge bite out of this classic.  Nothing says “’Merica” quite like three different sandwich meats shoved into one sandwich.

5. Reese’s Peanut Butter Milkshake from Simon’s Deli

Honestly, who can even compare pecan pie with a milkshake from Simon’s?  The answer: no one.  You haven’t lived till you’ve had one of these glorious shakes.

6. Cannolis from Palumbo’s

One (or several) of these cannolis is the perfect way to top off a Fordham Thanksgiving.  No exceptions.  Just get an entire box for yourself because you can.  Enjoy!