5 Reasons to Thank Your Roommate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

As we near the second half of the spring semester, its time to show our roomies some serious love because sometimes we forget to let them know just how much we appreciate them. Roommates are the best because they have been with you through your ups and downs and are still happy to see you when you walk in the door despite all of that. (Well, most of the time.) Here are some reasons to thank your partner in dorm room/ apartment crime: 

source

1) They never hold it against you when your alarm wakes them up in the morning.

It sometimes happens that you need an alarm that has the volume of a siren to get you up and at ‘em in the A.M. Even though your roommate doesn’t have class for another 3 hours, she’s now awake with you against her will. But she doesn’t hate you for it! (At least not for the whole day.) 

source 

2) They are entirely honest when it comes to putting your look together.

When you just aren’t feeling it and nothing seems to look right, she can be trusted to tell you what you look amazing in. Whether its telling you which shade of black suits your mood for the day, or assuring you that your eyeliner is even, she is your #1 girl. 

source

3) They are totally down to get food with you at random times during the day or night.

Have you ever looked across the room at your roomie and had that telepathic connection that you need ice cream, like, yesterday? She’s ready to accept the challenge of finding Ben & Jerry’s at odd hours of the night.

source

4) They are always there to pump you up and make sure you know just how great you are.

They know when you’ve had an off day or when you’re at the top of your game and need to hear about just how fabulous you are. They’re the best type of cheerleader, there for you when you need a support system (or colossal hug) the most.

source

5) Since you met them, you gained a love of your life.

Sure, boyfriends and girlfriends come and go, but your roommate is there for the parts of life that really matter, from when you’re living together and the times afterward. She lives in a special part of your heart and always will. 

source

Lauren is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a degree in Journalism and Political Science. With a career goal of being a broadcast journalist, she is spending time interning at networks such as NBC and FOX. Hobbies include writing for Her Campus and singing in Fordham's all-female a cappella group, the Satin Dolls, as well as drinking too much coffee, listening to far too many boy bands, and watching Buzzfeed Tasty videos one after another.