10 Date Ideas For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Fall is here! The weather is getting cooler and the workload is getting heavier, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a ton of fall fun to be had! So grab your favorite comfy sweater and your special someone (or your PSL), and try out one of these seasonal date ideas!

1. Farmer’s Market at the Botanical Garden – Every Wednesday morning the New York Botanical Garden has a farmer’s market where you can buy fresh fruits and vegetables, apple cider, pies, and more! If you’re both lucky enough to have no class on Wednesdays, spend some time together enjoying the fall weather.

2. Homemade Dinner – There are tons of fall themed recipes online. You two could be a culinary power couple or your greatest feat in the kitchen might be mastering ramen noodles. It doesn’t matter! Either way it’ll be fun to try and make a home cooked meal together. Plus you’ll be saving money by not going to a restaurant. You could even use some of the vegetables you picked up at the Farmer’s Market!

3. Fall Beer Taste Test – Go out and buy two or three different brands of cider beer (if you’re 21+) and decide together which one is your favorite! Put on a movie or pull out a deck of cards and have a great night in together.  Hate beer? Do the same thing with different brands of regular apple cider.

4. Bike Ride – Before the harsh winter weather strikes, head over to Central Park for the day and rent a couple of bikes. It’s the perfect way to escape the busy city without actually having to leave. When you’re done riding, grab some food from a street vendor for an inexpensive, yet delicious lunch.

5. Haunted House – Some of the scariest haunted houses in the country can be found in NYC! Surviving a creepy walk amongst zombies and screaming ghosts will bring you two closer than ever!

6. Pugsley’s Trivia Night – Team up and test out your trivia skills on a weeknight date! Every Tuesday night at 11PM, Pugsley’s has a trivia contest and you can win free pizza! This is a perfect double date idea too. Bring some of your friends and have a battle of the couples.

7. Museum Trip – New York City is filled with Museums. Check out one of the classics like the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Museum of Modern Art. Hated your art history class? Go pose with wax celebrities at Madame Tussauds Museum.

8. The Bronx Zoo – The Bronx Zoo is free on Wednesdays and if your schedule worked out, you might be too! There’s nothing better than walking around looking at cute animals all day—it’s the perfect way to spend your day off.

9. Pumpkin Carving – Show off your creativity—buy a couple of pumpkins and carve spooky faces into them. If you two are feeling extra adventurous, roast the pumpkin seeds as a snack. If carving is too messy for you, just grab some markers and draw on the faces.

10. Scary Movie Marathon – Grab some popcorn and a fuzzy blanket and watch a couple of scary movies together! Watching these movies is always more fun when you have someone’s hand to squeeze when things get intense, so they’re perfect for date night! 

Photo Credit: Kent Miller via Seventeen