10 of the Best Places to Take a Fall Photo in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

It’s finally November! With winter right around the corner and with autumn in full swing, it’s time to take the perfect photo to celebrate the fall! Below are 10 of the best places to take a fall Instagram photo here in NYC!

1) The New York Botanical Garden

Only a short walk from the Rose Hill campus, the NYBG is a great spot to snap some photos of the fall foliage. Whether you’re just taking photos of the colorful leaves or you’re taking photos with your friends, this is one the the best spots to capture the beauty of the season!

2) The High Line

This 1.45-mile-long elevated railroad track is full of lush greens and gorgeous views! You can take a photo of the fabulous natural elements along The High Line or you can sneak a photo of Mr. Brainwash’s “Love is the Answer”. Either way, you can’t go wrong and you’ll end up with a fantastic photo to upload to Instagram.

3) In Front of Keating Hall

A classic building here at Fordham, Keating Hall is a fantastic place to photograph. The building’s front lawn is a great spot to have a fall photoshoot with your friends. Lay out a blanket, snap a few photos, and enjoy the last few weeks of autumn. You’ll be sure to have awesome Instagram photos when you’re done!

4) Central Park

Only a few blocks from the Lincoln Center campus, Central Park is a frequent place students go to relax. The park is full of places to take Instagram photos! Between spots like Bow Bridge and Bethesda Terrace, you can spend an entire day wandering around, taking pictures, and enjoying the gorgeous autumn weather.

5) Irving Farm Coffee Roasters

This well-known coffee shop is also within walking distance from the Lincoln Center campus. If you’re somewhere else in the city, don’t fret! They have several other locations. Try something autumn-related or just grab a cup of coffee. Their lattes are sure to be Instagram-worthy though!

6) Bryant Park

Bryant Park is another great place in Manhattan to spot colors and spend a relaxing afternoon. Whether you’re nibbling on a baked good from the Le Pain Quotidien stand or reading a good book, you’ll be able to take a fantastic fall Instagram here too!

7) Magnolia Bakery – Upper West Side 

A favorite amongst students at the Lincoln Center campus, the Magnolia Bakery – Upper West Side location always has something new to try. Their fall-inspired treats are delicious and a great item to snap a pic of before devouring.

8) The Water Fountain

Located on the Rose Hill campus, it’s the perfect spot to capture the season while also remaining on campus. Sit around with your friends, people-watch, and enjoy the day. 

9) Madison Square Park

Fata Morgana is a beautiful sculpture, by Teresita Fernández, located in Madison Square Park. The gorgeous fall colors wonderfully reflect off of the sculpture, providing you with the perfect Instagram! Rachel Zoe has even stopped by the park to snap a fun, fall photo with her husband.

10) Near the Ram Statue

Another perfect spot on the Rose Hill campus! You’re sure to make all of your friends jealous by simultaneously showing off your school pride and showing off the colorful foliage. 

Go check out one of these 10 places before Winter arrives! You’ll come back with the perfect fall Instagram photo!

Samantha is currently a freshman at the Lincoln Center campus of Fordham University. Originally from New Jersey, she loves being in Manhattan and taking advantage of all the city has to offer.