Top 5 Spring Break Destinations in Florida

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

The most exciting part of the spring semester is quickly approaching: Spring Break. While some college kids may be jetting off to Europe or the Carribean this Spring Break, those of us on a budget have something different in mind. Living in Florida means that were blessed to be only a drive away from some of the best beaches in the United States. So consider these beautiful vacation spots for this year’s Spring Break adventure.

1. Panama City Beach 

A Spring Break classic, you have to visit Panama City Beach at least one time in your collegiate career. Known as the “Spring Break Capital of the World,” thousands of college students flock to this Florida beach every year. What more can you ask for when a vacation destination offers cheap hotels, beach parties and tons of concerts? Panama City sounds like paradise. 

(Photo Courtesy of Instagram) 

2. South Beach 

Nothing says Spring Break like drinking a Miami vice under a large palm tree on South Beach. South Beach has been the vaction spot for years because of hot temperatures and even hotter nightlife.

3. Destin Beach 

Destin, FL is a beautiful beachside town located on the Florida panhandle. The Destin boardwalk is a great spot to sit back and enjoy a margarita at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. Destin has beautiful crisp white sand and is a great spot for dolphin tours.

4. New Smyrna Beach 

New Smyrna is a beautiful beach spot located on the east coast of Florida just one hour away from Orlando. This beach town has some amazing food, make sure to stop by Mi Mexico to satisfy your taco cravings. With the softest sand, you’ll want to lay out on the beach all break.

(Photo Courtesy of Instagram) 

5. The Florida Keys 

If you’re looking for a more relaxed Spring Break destination, the Keys is the way to go. Even though the beaches in the keys aren’t too hot, Key West is home to some great bars on the legendary Duval Street. The Keys is also a great spot for people who love to scuba dive and snorkel. 

(Photo Courtesy of Ele Clark) 

Lover of Iced Coffee and Free People Clothing Follow Me @ https://www.instagram.com/sam_ann19/ https://twitter.com/Sam_ann19