This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Anyone who knows me knows that Tarte is my absolute favorite makeup brand EVER. I promise that if you try any of their products, they will soon be yours too!

Yes, Tarte is on the higher-end of the spectrum when it comes to makeup brands, which means more $$$, but I truly believe you get everything you pay for with their products.

Each one of their products are cruelty free, most are vegan (they even have vegan deodorant!), they are infused with Amazonian clay which is not only good for your skin but also keeps your make up long lasting and not to mention their packaging is so aesthetically pleasing that you literally just want to buy everything. Plus, their brand as a whole is all about women’s betterment, empowerment and giving back. Can they get any cooler?

By no means am I a make-up guru, know everything about makeup, nor do I think I am amazing at it. But, I do think Tarte makes make-up less intimidating to use with their easy applicators, constant makeup tutorials on their Instagram story (@tartecosmetics) and tips packaged inside each product.

Here are some of their products I’ve used that can easily be implemented into your everyday routine to create those effortless looks we all love:

Tartelette in Bloom Eyeshadow Palette

Hands down, my favorite eye shadow palette. As mentioned, each of these shades are infused with Amazonian clay to give flawless finishes and long-lasting wear. No matter the season, this is my go-to palette because you can create so many different looks that it’s almost impossible to get bored of. It costs $46, but has the perfect balance of shimmers and mattes to keep your lids looking AMAZING. 100% recommend!

Lights Camera Lashes Mascara

Along with Tarte’s Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara (sold at Ulta for $23), this is one of my faves (and Tarte’s best seller) because it’s not too clumpy, it stays on the whole day without any flakes coming off and it leaves my lashes looking natural. I’ve never been one to be into super thick lashes, so if you aren’t either then Lights Camera Lashes is for you and could be yours for $23!

Tartiest Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint

I cannot begin to describe how much I love love love this matte lipstick. It’s liquid formula is so creamy and literally lasts forever, even when I eat! My favorite shade is Festival, the perfect mauve-pink shade for everyday use. Tartiest Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint, $20, is an essential that won’t feel like you’re wearing anything at all.

BONUS

If you’ve heard (or even if you haven’t), Tarte just announced the release of their Shape Tape Foundation in both a Matte and Hydrating formula. The original member of the Shape Tape line was their concealer, which according to Tarte, sells one every 20 seconds. That’s literally insane! Keeping that in mind, their Shape Tape Foundation has very high expectations to live up to and I’m sure it will not disappoint. You can buy it on Tarte’s website now or on Ulta’s website January 21st for $39.

Tarte is definitely a brand worth trying, considering how natural their products are, their cruelty free factor and their amazing collection of everything beauty you could ever need. Keep them in mind the next time your arms are covered in swatches at Ulta or Sephora!

XOXO,

Adri <3

All photos from Tarte’s website