Sorority Recruitment Registration Now Open

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Recruitment week: making new friends, finding your forever home, learning about your values and bid day (aka sorority Christmas); it will soon be upon us again now that Fall Recruitment registration is now open.

As a sorority woman, recruitment is my favorite time of year and my favorite experience about being in a sorority. You are with your sisters basically for all hours of a day for an entire week, you get to share your experiences and why your sorority is so special with women trying to find the same thing you did, you get to learn just how much the organization has changed you for the better and did I mention the cutest insta pics?

But, as a woman going through recruitment, it’s a completely different, yet one of the best experiences I have ever encountered. You learn so much about yourself and constantly have to think about what’s important to you. I’ll never forget how amazing it was to meet all the different women in each chapter where they genuinely wanted to get to know you, until you narrow down to where it just felt easy and comfortable.

Of course, I’m not going to lie, recruitment can be exhausting as a potential new member. But besides the tiring week, you’re rewarded with so much more. You’re rewarded with an amazing sisterhood, endless opportunities to get involved, philanthropic and social events, and memories you’ll carry well after your college years.

So, if you’re thinking about going through recruitment, just go for it! There’s not much you can lose, only plenty to gain. Finding the chapter that best suits you is the best reward, no matter if you’re a freshman or a senior.

If you’re interested in signing up for Fall Recruitment, the link to sign up is here. Also, you can keep up with important dates and all things recruitment by following the Panhellenic Council Instagram!

Until next time!

XOXO,

Adri