Post Spring Break Detox: Mind, Body and Soul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Now that Spring Break is over, it’s time to wind down from the craziness and snap back into focus. Here are a few ways you can detox and prep for the remainder of the semester.

1. Catch up on your sleep:

Whether you stayed in town for Spring Break or went on vacation, one thing is pretty much guaranteed: no sleep. It’s important to get a good nights rest in order to fully function the next day at work or in class. Not to mention, getting enough sleep prevents dark circles and bags under your eyes. They don’t call it “beauty sleep” for nothing! Set up a deadline to ensure that all of your work or school assignments are finished by a certain time. This will help you get to bed early, and will help you develop a healthy sleeping schedule. 

2. Re-hydrate:

Drinking water all day will not only give your liver a break, but it will also recharge your muscles and body cells to feel great and energized throughout the day. Your skin may be in need of rehydration as well, especially if you spent your spring break in the sunny Florida Keys or in the cold New York City. Sun and wind can make your skin very dry and patchy. My go-to moisturizer is: Click here 

3. Social media cleanse:

Enough of getting jealous over everyone’s amazing vacation photos. Let go of social media for a few days and take some time to focus on your own spring break memories. A tip for going on a social media detox without deleting all of your apps cold turkey is to log out of your applications, like Twitter and Snapchat. Most of the time we have them open and ready to use, but by logging out of the app it will make it easier not to check that specific social media outlet. 

These 3 tips will surely give you that “vacation from your vacation” feel and help recharge you for the rest of the semester!

Xoxo, 

Gaby