Mid-Day Pick Me Ups!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Feel like your day is moving at 0 miles per hour? There’s zero coffee in your system, this class lecture seems to be taking years away from your life, and lunch feels too far away…

Here are three mid-day “pick me ups” to help boost your system back to A1 condition:

1. Grab A Piece of Gum

You’d be surprised– but gum is actually known to improve concentration as well as memory. An additional aspect it adds to your health is wakefulness. This means that this small piece of a rubbery and chewy solid can actually wake us up and keep us alert. Make sure to pick up a pack of minty gum before starting your week—it’s more beneficial than you think!

2. Snack!

Something I’ve found that has boosted my energy levels on a long day on campus has been to take a snack to eat in the middle of the day. The key is choosing a snack more on the healthy side. Whether this means apple slices and peanut butter or a healthy granola bar. I’ve found that what seems so little can actually have a positive affect on not just your energy but your mood as well!

3. Make Your Backgrounds Inspirational

On either your phone or laptop, make your background something you can read and remind yourself of daily! Our thoughts may be out of place so it is important to always have something to look at that keeps us in place and in check. There are plenty of websites that have wallpapers with some truly inspiring quotes written on them. Simply copy and paste and boom! You have this daily reminder when you’re feeling a little sluggish. Just by reading these quotes you can become your own self motivator and ultimately wake yourself up!

Remember that we all have slower and harder days, but in those harder days we must remember that better ones are ahead. Continue to push and strive for the best things that are ahead of you!

Xoxo,

Bri