Lady Gaga’s Halftime Performance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Last night the Patriots pulled of the most unbelievable comeback in Super Bowl history. From losing 28-3 in the third quarter, to winning the game in overtime; I have some thoughts about the overtime rules, but that’s a whole other article! For today, I’m here to talk about the amazing halftime performance: Lady Gaga. Now, I don’t mean to knock down Madonna, Katy Perry, or Queen Bey, but up until now, the halftime performances were lacking and most people were watching them to catch mistakes. 

Gaga’s performance was innovative, creative, had variety and was all around incredibly entertaining. To begin, she sang a few patriotic lines and said part of the pledge of allegiance while surrounded by various drones which arranged themselves into the American flag, and then she proceeded to jump off the roof of the NRG Stadium. Yeah, let me say it one more time, she jumped off from the top of the NRG stadium: a 260 foot drop! Obviously, she was wearing a safety harness, but when was the last time you plunged 260 feet and then proceeded to sing an awesome halftime performance to millions of people?

After that jump start, pun intended, Gaga proceeded to sing some serious throwback songs such as “Poker Face,” “Born this Way,” “Telephone,” (sadly without Beyonce), and one of her newest songs,”Million Reasons.” Throughout the performance, Lady Gaga played two instruments, technically the keytar is different from the piano, and changed from a shiny Versace bodysuit to a white top with a shimmering short to sing the final song. She also did a cannonball off the stage.

All around, Lady Gaga’s performance was epic. She did things that no one else would and gave us a beautiful and real performance. The Super Bowl 51 was incredible, and the commercials were great, but Lady Gaga’s halftime performance was the real jewel last night.

Currently a Senior at Florida International University studying English and Sociology. If she's not in class, you can probably find her running around campus with a cup of Trenta Black Tea Lemonade from Starbucks, trying to find the best place to study for the LSAT cause your girl is trying to head to Law School next year. Follow her around while she tries to balance school life, LSAT prep, friends, family, an endless amount of involvements and a committted relationship through her final year of undergrad! If you want a peek into her life, you can always take a peek at her Instagram!