John Mayer WAVE TWO + Florida Tour Dates Announced

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

John Mayer has been giving us a little taste of his newest album in small parts every month. On February 24th, he finally released Wave Two (the second part) of his album. Wave 2 includes four songs: “Still Feel like Your Man”, “Emoji of a Wave”,” Helpless” and “Roll It on Home.”

According to Rolling Stone magazine, John Mayer says the album is “beyond a break-up record.” He explains that it’s based on his impression on loss.

The album is somewhat based on his feelings toward the relationship he had with Katy Perry a few years back. He deliberately says “”It was the only time in my life that sadness was like a lucid dream, like, ‘Oh, I’m here. I got no business trying to get out of this, because it won’t work.’ It was like learning to live in the wilderness.”

Still Feel like You Man” from wave two, is related to “Moving on and Getting Over” from wave one, according to Rolling Stone magazine.

Aside from the release of these four new songs, Mayer also added more dates to his upcoming “The Search for Everything Tour.” He will perform in Sunrise, FL at the BB&T center August 12 and in Tampa on August 13 at the Amalie Arena.

The interview with John Mayer goes on by explaining in depth what each song is about:

“Still Feel Like Your Man”: “This is my little engine that could…The title itself had lyrics blowing out of it from every corner…[I wrote it] almost like a treatment for a movie.”

Helpless”: “You get disco overtones but it’s all implied…I picture myself opening a show with this song,” he says. “It straddles a lot of different vibes at once.”

Emoji of a Wave”: “It’s about sitting in a feeling…There are two levels to the song. One of them is the beautiful destination I go to whenever I hear it, which is Santa Barbara on a rainy, cold day. The other level is just about this part of life and love that my brain doesn’t understand: wanting to act to resolve a situation but knowing there’s no resolution.”

Roll It on Home”: “It’s supposed to be like a worn-in pair of jeans. It reminds me of JJ Cale or Eric Clapton, and those unsung great records like Clapton’s ‘Promises,’ which sounds like it’s performed in a reclining chair with a cigarette burning in the headstock of the guitar.”

See you all at the tour!

Xoxo Danni

Hello! My name is Danni and I am currently a junior at Florida International University majoring in public relations and minoring in marketing. I love traveling, reading and shopping. I recently created my own blog called "Starry Eyed Style" that's based on beauty products and a little bit of fashion. It includes some of my top favorite products along with reviews of different brands.