Breaking News: The Third Royal Baby Is On It’s Way!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Earlier this week, it was announced by Kensington Palace that the Royal family has a new member on the way:  Duke William and Duchess Catherine’s third baby.

The couple, which already has two other kids – Prince George, age 4, and Princess Charlotte, age 2 – will be welcoming the third royal baby in the year 2018, although not much is known about the true due date. Duchess Catherine – formerly known as Kate Middleton –  has been known to suffer from a disease Hyperemesis Gravidarum, a rather severe case of nausea, which is expected to interfere mildly with her busy royal schedule.

This arrival, however, is not the only bit of good news for the royal family. Seeing as Prince George will be entering the academic life this Thursday at Thomas’ Battersea, a school in the south of London which is worth £6,000 a term!

With the arrival of the third royal baby comes the new ranking of heirs to the royal throne. The lineage stands as follows:

1. Prince Charles,  the Queen’s son, is the main heir to the throne at age 68.

2. Prince William, 35, his first born son, follows.

3. Prince George – age 4 – follows his father, Prince William.

4. Princess Charlotte is fourth in line, following her brother at age 2.

5. The third royal baby will remain fifth in line, regardless of gender.

6. Uncle Prince Harry has been pushed down into sixth in line for the throne., at age 32.

Thanks to a 2013 law change, Princess Charlotte will remain fourth in throne regardless of her future sibling’s gender. Girl Power FTW!!

Currently a Senior at Florida International University studying English and Sociology. If she's not in class, you can probably find her running around campus with a cup of Trenta Black Tea Lemonade from Starbucks, trying to find the best place to study for the LSAT cause your girl is trying to head to Law School next year. Follow her around while she tries to balance school life, LSAT prep, friends, family, an endless amount of involvements and a committted relationship through her final year of undergrad! If you want a peek into her life, you can always take a peek at her Instagram!